Author Topic: E-mail Preview?  (Read 772 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
E-mail Preview?
« on: August 02, 2002, 04:36:52 AM »
Just a few minutes ago Abbeymarch and I were flinging e-mails back and forth pretty quickly.

At one point, as I was about to "send message" I noted a bar I'd never seen before at the bottom of the e-mail page, which showed the next e-mail Abbey was sending me.  Never saw it before...had no idea what I was looking at!!

Explaination, please.  

I don't handle change well, Pepe.

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: E-mail Preview?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 05:54:50 AM »
Explaination, please.  

I don't handle change well, Pepe.

No new features have been added to the Instant Messages pages since I installed the Advanced Instant Messages upgrade back in April. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. But maybe if you could give me a few more details about what it was you saw, I *might* be able to explain it. :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 06:16:04 PM »
I've never had a 'conversation' with anyone on the forum before....where we're both sending messages at the same time.  

Abbey's next message was in a separate graphic below the one where I was typing my response to her previous message.  It had her name and a message...that was it...or all I remember of it.

Was I looking at an "Instant Message" function that's familiar to everyone else?  When I'm doing this I'm thinking "e-mail" not "instant message'.

I've never used an instant message function ANYWHERE so I'm not familiar with what they look like or how they work.

Couldn't we all just write lettres to one another?  :(

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 05:32:04 AM »
I've never had a 'conversation' with anyone on the forum before....where we're both sending messages at the same time.  

Abbey's next message was in a separate graphic below the one where I was typing my response to her previous message.  It had her name and a message...that was it...or all I remember of it.

Hmmm...

Whenever someone clicks on "quote" or "reply" to answer an IM, the message they're replying to appears in a separate box below the "Send message," "Preview," "Check Spelling," and "Reset" buttons. But if you got to read a new message that you hadn't actually opened yet because it appeared under the "Send message" area of a different message that you were replying to, I honestly have no explanation for how that could have happened. ?!?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 05:47:39 AM »
Okay....I give up.

Perhaps what really happened is that I just IMAGINED I saw Abbey's next message because Abbey and I have been reading one another's minds for 37 years and we've got it down to an art form.....I already KNEW how her next message was going to read!!  ::)

Should have just gotten off the forum and picked up the damned phone.....

Thanks anyway, MB
RP
Dylan Thomas