Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0928  (Read 1627 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0928
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0928
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:59:05 AM »
Ah, yes - from the topic "Favorite Tongue-tied Lines Of Dialogue":
While referring to [spoiler]Michael's "death"[/spoiler]in today's Ep #928, Julia opines that:

"Classically, it's almost classic, actually."

Yes, of course it was, Julia.  ;D

I love it.  [snow_laugh]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »
That line IS a classic!

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:52 AM »
Was it perhaps a flubbed line? Or truly written that way?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 07:29:46 AM »
I don't see how the "classically-classic" line could have been written that way; it wasn't the way the writers have Julia talk.  Later on, when Julia was talking to Stokes, she said Michael's death was a "classic thing", whereas "classic case" would have been smoother, and I wondered if that was another blooper, and if something about "classic" was tripping up Grayson Hall that day.

Julia's been trying out new partners in detection.  I guess Chris was a rather weak vessel, especially at the full moon, but Professor Stokes will do excellently.  I was thinking today, as he and Julia talked in his living room, that they would make a nice pair if Jonathan Frid were to leave the show, with Stokes silently adoring Julia just as Julia silently adores Barnabas.  I like to think that Julia wouldn't spend the rest of her life searching for a Barnabas clone the way Barnabas searches for a Josette clone, but she's at the mercy of Dan Curtis's whims, poor thing.

The Leviathan gang sure didn't waste any time. Michael's funeral was staged on the afternoon of the same day that his death was staged.  I suppose the story was that it was easier on Megan to get it over with, but it still must have looked strange.

How long would Julia have waited outside Mrs. Hitchens's house?  And wasn't it lucky that it was Philip who paid the lady off rather than somebody Julia didn't know!  Philip seems to have no doubts right now.

I just love the ending to this episode.  And I know I'm not alone.

As I watched the closing credits, I wondered about the bird.  I don't take an interest in birds, so I don't know what kind it was.  Was it a finch?  In particular, was it a finch belonging to Sam and Grayson Hall?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »
Megan's grief is so strange... but very interesting.   It's real, yet can be turned off mostly when required.

Stokes has Mr. Moustachio in his house.

Oooh, black t'neck.  Megan grasps her upper arm with her other hand... let's just say I enjoy this posture.   ***   Meg trips a little bit on her way toward the front door.

Hey, Michael's back!   He's a handful!   You can't keep a bad kid down!   You can tell M Maitland loves that moment as much as we do, since his eyes practically pop out of his head.   He looks like the proverbial guy who just swallowed the canary, and speaking of which...

Confused little bird takes center stage in closing credits... I try to imagine what he/she is experiencing, with the loud closing music blaring, and this big machine called a TV camera in her/his face, and humans gathered around him.   The little bird equivalent of WTF, at the very least...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
I am gonna go back and watch and review this one as it is another favorite of mine from the Leviathan peroid!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »
Kaplan/Welles again.  But I give it an F for continuity.  The scene was reshot with Julia in a plaid coat instead of the dark suit she had on before, and her scarf is very different.  Philip wears a different shirt and is now in a tie; he's not sporting a bruise anymore, but he IS wearing a crapload of makeup.  Megan lost her chain belt.

Hey, the back wall of Professor Stokes' cottage isn't from the Seaview House anymore.  He admired Megan's locket even though it was turned around and he could only see the back of it... You'd think someone would have signaled her to fix it.  BTW, the yellow sofa in Mrs. Hutchins' house was from the caretaker's cottage when 1897 Laura lived there.

The Leviathan gang sure didn't waste any time. Michael's funeral was staged on the afternoon of the same day that his death was staged.  I suppose the story was that it was easier on Megan to get it over with, but it still must have looked strange.

I suspect that Grayson misspoke when her character told Stokes that Michael had died that same day.  (Logically, it's almost illogical. ;))  It was 4 p.m. when Maggie dropped by the antique shop-- she commented that it was late, and Michael died soon after, yet Stokes mentioned that the funeral took place in the morning.  And Mrs. Hutchins said she received the tragic news "yesterday."

Mrs. Hutchins:  "Manners. That's what I always taught Michael-- manners."
Yep, she's obviously lying.

The antique shop has as many customers as the Blue Whale.

I loved the ending too, Lydia!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
(Logically, it's almost illogical. ;))

Audible chuckle....!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »
I was [rofl10] over that remark. Great one, Midnite.  [thumb]

Mrs. Hutchins:  "Manners. That's what I always taught Michael-- manners."
Yep, she's obviously lying.

VERY obviously.  [sad3]  Except when it came to his obsession with Carolyn, I don't believe Michael knew how to tell the truth.  ::)  And his manners, well, let's not even go there because we could be here for days listing all his infractions in that department...