Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0923  (Read 1276 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0923
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0923
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »
I like Sabrina's trip to Tate's house, and had no memory of it.  Suddenly it seemed like my DS again, real gravity and mood.  I don't know what people are talking about when they criticize her acting.   She has a tenuous connection to the circumstances, though, except that CDT was Chris's first victim in a long time, I guess.   Carolyn, yes, I'm sure that's a poodle howling...

"Try not to be upset."  Nice one Julia.  Sabrina seemed to take the simplistic boneheaded patronizing to heart though.   

Oh NO!  The name Skyler Rumson was spoken!   And... NO!!!  Speak of the dweeb and he appears!   AAAA!!!!!!

Has Ang's ugly portrait been de-uglified?   Why does dreamy, dreamy Sky have a bust of Napoleon?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:29 AM »
Yes, I too thought Lisa Richards did well today at Tate's house.  I really felt Sabrina's urgency.  I got annoyed, though, when she told Julia, "You must tell her because I can't!"  That sort of thing always annoys me.

No doubt Dark Shadows had to do a Death Personified story somewhere along the line, but I'd like to know what Mr. Best thinks of Collinwood.  When he talked to Amanda, he gave no indication that he was acquainted with Quentin, despite the fact that Quentin has already died at least once.  And if vampires are dead by day and alive by night, Mr. Best must be very busy at dawn and dusk.

What fun to see Room 24 at the Collinsport Inn open out into the upstairs hall at Collinwood!

I can't understand why Julia believes that a picture of Quentin - any picture, apparently - will restore Grant Douglas's memory.  And I wonder why there are no photographs of Quentin at Collinwood.  Very likely it's related to the death by shooting that, thanks to Barnabas's visit to 1897, never happened.  But I like the idea that the photographs were taken out of the album for some other reason that cropped up after 1897, and which we never saw.  By the way, one of the captions in the album was "Quentin: 1895 Picnic" - or something like that - worded in such a way as to give me the impression that the Collins family had but one picnic in the whole summer of 1895.  That seems very sad to me, though I daresay the servants hated lugging all the food and peripherals that a proper Victorian picnic would entail.

The torch has been passed from Carolyn back to Sabrina.  What a shame.  I feel bad for Sabrina, but I think that at this point Carolyn is better for Chris.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:53:19 AM »
Oh NO!  The name Skyler Rumson was spoken!   And... NO!!!  Speak of the dweeb and he appears!   AAAA!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly! (How many weeks until the WP passes Ep #980?)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 04:35:49 PM »
Well, they  had established in the latter part of Quentin's storyline in 1969 that all the photographs of him had been removed from the family album.  With what was revealed in 1897, I could imagine Edward angrily destroying every photograph of his wastrel brother he could lay hands upon.  However, in one memorable instance in 1969, Quentin's ghost snatched away a photograph of Beth moments after Julia managed to find it.

Given that they strangely treated Quentin's haunting as if it had still happened even though they had changed history in 1897 so that Quentin never died and no ghost was around to haunt in the revised continuity of 1968-69, one presumes that they also treated it as given that photos of the deliciously swaggering Young Mr. Collins were as scarce as hen's teeth...

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »
1-7-70

Oh so death drove the beast away from Amanda!  Thankfully that was explained!  Well Carolyn is looking fabulous.  I love the blue/red dress and how her blonde hair is pulled back neatly!

Poor Sabrina. Sadly I am in the camp that doesn't really care much for Lisa Richards acting. However, I have heard that she became really good and did some great work after Shadows. 

Charles Delaware Tate’s house doesn't seem as far away as usual!    The stranger at the house turns out to be Julia and Carolyn goes in for a nice hug.  This is a stark contrast to the Julia/Carolyn relationship in 1967!    LOL  That slap was priceless especially since Julia had to slap her twice! HA

That lamp behind Julia is absolutely exquisite.  The one with the naked woman surrounded by vines with her breast prominent and lights in the top.  I would love to own that piece!

Mr. Skyler Rumson on Little Windward Island---great, just great! UGH!  The camera man pulled back a little too far and reveled the top of the set.  I do like Skyler’s home as it is lovely.  Does anyone spot any redressed parts?  “Ooh who do I have to talk to about that?”  HEH Julia being a smart ass! Love it!   “Sorry doctor that was rude!” Sklyer
Your rude all around buddy!  And the bitch witch is back……..
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
We learn several things about Sky Rumson in this ep-- he's famous, important, demanding, self-disciplined, rich, a savvy art collector, sentimental, blunt, and anyone who would glance at his watch and announce that his wife will arrive in "around seven and a half minutes" is definitely anal!

"Geoffery Scott"-- did they spell his first name wrong?

No doubt Dark Shadows had to do a Death Personified story somewhere along the line, but I'd like to know what Mr. Best thinks of Collinwood.

Kinda weird that the actor portraying Death will return later in the series to play a man of the cloth.  And one that HAD to go and ask the question about whether any man knows any reason why the two shouldn't be joined together...

When he talked to Amanda, he gave no indication that he was acquainted with Quentin, despite the fact that Quentin has already died at least once.

Maybe because Quentin ended up earthbound as a zombie? [idontknow]

I do like Skyler’s home as it is lovely.  Does anyone spot any redressed parts?

Well, the fireplace in that Gallery Room (as Sky later calls it) will become infamous when yet another portrait of Angelique is hung over it.