Author Topic: I have a question regarding accessing the members' archive using netscape 4.75  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Afan, I can tell you're going to be doing all the fancy stuff in no time!

With YaBB code, if there's one little typo then the little buggars won't work.  Each tag is enclosed by [ and ] but not { or }.  Here are examples of tags that might come before your message text:

Code: [Select]
[b]             (bolds)
[u]             (underlines)
[size=3]
[center]
[color=LimeGreen]
[quote]

Following the 1st tag and the message text you'll type the 2nd corresponding tag, which must contain the symbol /

These tags correspond with the list above and will come at the end of your message text:

[/b]
[/u]
[/size]
[/center]
[/color]
[/quote]

So to make your post pink, the tags have to contain all these keys:
[color=Pink]your message[/color]
Did that help?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Help please.

Afan,

Besides reading Midnite's excellent explanation, you might also like to check out the forum's Help section. You can access it by clicking on the word "Help" in the menus at the top or bottom of most of the forum's pages. If you click on "Posting" and then on "YaBBC", you'll find several examples of how many of the forum's features work. :)
The Help section will open in a seperate browser window, so if you feel like experimenting a little, why don't you try copying/pasting some of the examples onto this board to see how they work in actual posts. And don't get discouraged if you don't quite understand everything on the first or even second try - the whole point of this board is to try things out and learn through trial and error. Believe me, nobody got all of these codes right off the bat - not even Midnite and myself! [lghy]