Author Topic: RIP Conard Fowkes  (Read 2544 times)

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Conard Fowkes
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »
It's very sad to read of Mr. Fowkes's passing.  My sympathy to his family and friends.  The way his life and career turned out reminds us that sometimes, an actor's most important work may be behind the scenes.

Also it is obvious the poor man was already having treatment in the last pictures on the Actors Equity site.  Having lost 2 friends to pancreatic cancer in the last year, I can imagine what the family went through.  He did have a long, full, active life, but sometimes that's hard for the family in a different way.  So much a part of everything, and then one day, he's not there.

I always thought he had the coolest NAME, rather medieval, like a knight:  Sir Conard of Fowkes.  How unfortunate he did not have more, bigger roles in recorded media, so we could see more of what he was capable.  He was even able to give that old instant coffee commercial a dramatic edge!

"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline michaelhacketttodd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
It is very sad to hear of the Passing of Conrad Fowkes.  It was nice to know he had recently attended a Dark Shadows Festival.  My heart goes out to his family and friends.   [santa_cry]

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
RIP, Conard Fowkes. I'm old enough to remember him from "Hidden Faces" (where he was one of the good guys) and on "Search For Tomorrow" in the 70's, where he played a murderous snake in the grass. So when I finally got to watch early episodes of DS in the 90s, I was surprised, pleasantly, that Conard had appeared on DS, and portraying a nice guy - which he obviously was in real life!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
Saw this on Collinwood.net.  Very sad news.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com