Author Topic: Login Issue  (Read 842 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Login Issue
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:02 AM »
Hello....

I don't know why, but EVERY time I come on dsboards, it'll say welcome guest, please login, yadda yadda.

I click on the 'always stay logged in'; also, the field to put in my password has *******, but if I just click on login, it doesn't recognize it as my password. (I don't believe there are enough astericks.)

I've NEVER changed my password, and no one is deleting cookies, etc....so what's happening?

Patti...who wants Chinese food, but my daughter  [santa_evil] is no where to be found (with my car!)

What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »
You do come up with the most unique issues, Patti. So unique, in fact, that neither I nor the SMF developers can quite figure out what's going on. Neither they nor I have ever seen asterisks appear in the password field - there's nothing in the SMF scripts to even code for that.

I suspect the issue may be somehow connected to your browser. When you've logged in here, has your browser ever asked you if you want to save your password info? If so, and if you have saved it, try clearing something like your "Form & Search History" or "Active Logins" in Firefox, or "Form data" or "Passwords" in IE. That might help. Or it might not...

Good luck!  [santa_smiley]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Login Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »
Thanks MB [Chanukah8]

(When it asked where I wanted to save it to, I highlighted DS Forums; it was on my Internet login.)

[8_2_81]  hope you get lots!

Patti
What a Woman!