Author Topic: SoCal PBS exec shares his childhood memories of DS  (Read 976 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SoCal PBS exec shares his childhood memories of DS
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
The VP of Southern California station KCET blogs near the recent Halloween about how his childhood fascination with DS influenced his reaction to a childhood loss:

http://kcet.org/local/blogs/bohdans_corner/2009/10/secrets-of-the-dead-mine.html

(The update has comments from PBS Producer TJ Lubinsky that the Carey Mansion is deserted and possibly facing demolition; this is not true.)

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal PBS exec shares his childhood memories of DS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing this piece, Midnite. I had missed it.

How neat to hear that someone actually named their daughter after Grayson Hall.  [santa_thumb]

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:06:53 AM »
Absolutely fabulous article which I can relate to in many many ways. I too was raised protestant.  I too also have sang all my life at weddings, funerals etc. I have shared the fact that I like graveyards and in many ways can identify with him.  The supernatural has always fascinated me.  I tell my Aunt it's her fault for sitting with me on her couch and us watching a graphic vampire movie when I was about 7!  I loved it!  My fascination has grown considerably since then!

Naming ones daughter Grayson Hall is the most awesome things I have heard in quite a while.  I think Grayson would be very pleased if she were still with us to know the impact she has had on so many. And maybe she does know?? :)  AWESOME Midnite! THANK YOU SO MUCH!  That was a amazing read.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »
the Carey Mansion is deserted and possibly facing demolition; this is not true.

Though the sad fact is that because the house really is literally crumbling and that Salve is no longer using it as a dorm, it's easy to see how some people might speculate and fear it could be torn down.  [santa_sad]  Especially now that it probably is completely empty if the Careys have moved back to NY for the season...

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
I can say the Carey's plan to restore the house. Their daughter is an architect and she loves the house and is actively working on that.