Author Topic: The Blue Whale Pub  (Read 851 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
The Blue Whale Pub
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:29:18 AM »
There's a new web-site call "The Blue Whale Pub" believe it or not it isn't about DS or a real pub. It's a fan site for True Blood. I don't know about you but I think that's funny. Now DS and TB are linked together. Check it out...http://thebluewhalepub.com/viewforum.php?f=143
May you die before you want too.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Re: The Blue Whale Pub
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:40:35 AM »
Once you become a member you'll see that they have a DS section.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 01:46:58 AM »
How wild. Thanks for pointing this out to us, borgosi.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 03:02:49 AM »
How extraordinary.  Judging from episode one of the first season, the only thing in common these two series have is that both feature characters who are vampires.

What's the DS section like?  I can imagine it mostly consists of people slagging how cheesy and lo-fi our beloved show is compared to the slick shiny new-fangled (sorry, couldn't resist) toy...

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 03:47:29 AM »
Not alot of post yet but there are real DS fans there.

Oh, as you keep watching True Blood you will see things that it has in common with DS.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
When I was in college we used to go to a pub called "The Trawler".  I went to URI in Kingston but grew up in Newport.  The Trawler was on Broadway almost at the point where it leads into Washington Square. The interior looked almost exactly like the Blue Whale. In fact, my best friend Jim was in there and told me I had to go there for that reason. He was a DS fan too.  As I recall, the only major difference was the entrance. At the Blue Whale you have those windows that supposedly face the water. off to the left is the entrance.  The Trawler had its entrance right next to the windows. There were also restrooms at the side of the pub directly across from the windows.  The walls were decorated with lobster pots, various English looking painted signs, one of them bore a red lion.  The style was not at all dissimilar to the Blue Whale sign. I feel confident that the people from the show saw that pub. Unfortunately it is now a restaurant and is unrecognizable.  I wish I'd taken pictures now.  I tried to once but the owner told me that he didn't allow it.  This was most definately NOT a tourist hangout.  It was not as rough as the infamous On Deck Saloon just up the road, but people there apparently did not like the idea of being in someone's pictures. 

Another thing I've always suspected regards the origin of the name Victoria Winters.  Sheila was to be the name of the character.  Seaview Terrace, or Carey Mansion as the locals generally called it, is on Ruggles Ave.  Just before you that you cross Victoria.  While scouting did someone tell them that Ruggles was right after Victoria?  We'll probably never know. It would be interesting if we could establish a timeline and see if the name change corresponded with the scouting or photography sessions at the mansion.