Author Topic: Oops I made a..boo boo  (Read 846 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Oops I made a..boo boo
« on: July 26, 2002, 10:23:18 PM »
Hi this is VictoriaWintersRox,

I, being the idiot that I am, was going through my profile and I accidently noticed that my email was rather..wrong. I had forgotten all about Compuserve not working, so I changed it..and it sent out a new password which I did of course not receive. Realizing, the 'error of my ways', I re-registered (since the overload of people required cutting off guests) and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do?

Thanks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Oops I made a..boo boo
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 02:54:17 AM »
Hi VWR,

I'm SO sorry it took so long before either of us got back to you.  I know what happened wasn't intentional and I can certainly understand the mistake, but it unfortunately happened at probably our busiest time ever with administrating these boards-- and I'm including the day the forums launched!  Of course, it was also not a good time for it to happen to you either because it coincided with the board's temporary inaccessibility to guests, but it's great that you were able to get reregistered in the meantime.  Anyway, I hope you'll accept my apology for the delay.

So if you're reading this, hopefully it means you've successfully logged back in as VictoriaWintersRox.  Your 2nd membership was deleted so that your yahoo addy could be entered into your VWR profile in place of the Compuserve address (the system doesn't allow membership email addresses to be used twice), which is why Sean_Collins is now showing up as a guest.  I had hoped the 8 posts attributed to SC could've been transferred over, but I didn't think you wanted to wait any longer before regaining access to your original username.

If you have any questions at anytime, please don't hesitate to email MB or me at <Midnite@dsboards.com> and <MysteriousB@dsboards.com>.  Thanks!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: Oops I made a..boo boo
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 03:27:50 AM »
Thank you so much Midnite for helping me!  :)

~VWR