Author Topic: Veteran cousins? / Wars on DS  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran cousins? / Wars on DS
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »
The mention of Thaddeus Collins was in the episode where David & Amy were wandering the abandoned west wing and come upon his portrait.  This is actually prior to 1897, so 1840 wasn't even in the writers minds at the time.
He could have been a son of Edith's though, as

[spoiler]in the original timeline Tad was killed by Gerard Stiles as a boy in 1840.[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
If Tad "originally" never made it to the Civil War, then perhaps Barnajulia actually put history back where it was originally, and that might begin to explain why there was no Gerard haunting prior to 1970.    Maybe Gerard wasn't a restless ghost at Collinwood "until" sometime in 1969/1970 when someone somewhere fooled with time in a way we don't know about.

Buzz wasn't a hippie or beatnik, he was just a punk with a chopper!

Thanks for your service, borgosi, and happy retroactive Veteran's Day.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »
At the very start of the setup to 1897, reference is made to a Collins who lived during the Civil War.

Midnite...do you know the exact words or which ep this is mentioned on? (I could read it on  [hall2_kiss] Robin's post if I have an ep#..)

Thanks kiddo,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 08:57:09 PM »
Patti, if you search the Robservations board for "Civil War" (quotes included), the results will include this instance as well as another.  (The other has David comparing Burke's feud with Liz to, respectively, Grant vs. Lee.)  The mention of the War that I referred to in my post is the same as the one discussed in replies #14 & 15... Cousins, PLEASE read entire topics before responding!

The quote by David was, "That's Thaddeus Collins. He was alive during the Civil War."  Nothing was said about his death or when the portrait was painted.