Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0873  (Read 764 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0873
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0873
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »
Beth pulls Quentin/Petofi back and he is not happy, but eventually realizes he needs to get the picture back.  He thinks Barnabas has it and tried to make him a vampire again and fails revealing to Barnabas that the hand has gone back to the gross glove state it must prefer. 
Kitty is resisting Barnabas.  Apparently she is a single minded golddigger as Barnabas' wealth and lack of family to share that wealth have no interest to her.  He reveals that he thinks she is Josette.  How surprising a turn can that be.  Kitty goes to Petofi /Quentin for help and he makes her realize she is the reincarnation of Josette and he realizes the power of the hand belongs to him. 
Now that Kitty has remembered she is Josette, she should remember everything and know about Barnabas and Angelique how she died.  A perfect opportunity for a showdown with her rival.  I really like the Lady Hampshire story.  It has a number of possibilities[spoiler]Unfortunately I remember enough to know that they don't get explored and that the end of 1897 is coming sometime soon[/spoiler] Spellcheck has now decided that Petofi must be tofu.  Not an appettizing thought.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »
This is the episode with the amazing "I Wanna Dance With You" number with Quentin and Charity. I read that the it was cut to shreds somewhere, but nevertheless I still found it to be sweet and charming. How chilling it was when 'Quentin' pulls away from Charity after their kiss and she sees the real Petofi face to face, laughing evilly.

How very, very disappointed Petofi must be. He finally got what he wanted...he got to the future. Only to be dragged back to 1897 by Beth. One senses he would have loved to have strangled her until she mentioned Quentin's portrait has gone missing.

Barnabas comes right out and tells Kitty she is the reincarnation of Josette. I can't help but think he should have found a more tactful way of telling her. You can't just come right out and tell someone they're the reincarnation of so-and-so and expect them to just swallow it. I don't blame Kitty for thinking he was out of his mind.

However, her strange feelings come to overwhelm her, so she goes to 'Petofi'.

Another missed opportunity for Petofi...he should have cursed Barnabas when he was alone with Barnabas in his room.
He still had the power of the hand in Quentin's body then. Now it's too late...it's with the real Quentin in Petofi's body. I loved seeing the gleeful look on 'Petofi''s face when he realized the power of the hand has gone to him now.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
Barnabas gave himself away with Kitty when he kept calling her "Lady Kitty".  Anybody raised in England, as Barnabas claims to have been, would know that she was Lady Hampshire, not Lady Kitty.  She herself was apparently raised in the US, so it's conceivable that she would not understand that, but I think more likely she made a point of getting titles straight.  I imagine the last thing she would want would be to remind her husband's friends of her lower class origins.  Still, Kitty didn't take exception to Barnabas's manner of address, and she was in a mood to take exception to anything and everything Barnabas said.

Other than that, Barnabas did handle the issue poorly with Kitty.  I guess he has yet to accept that a woman might not jump at the chance of becoming Josette, so he blithely encouraged Kitty to submerge her identity in the identity of a woman who was a stranger to her.  I'd like to think that he felt he had no time for subtleties because Kitty's engagement to Edward has already been announced, but in fact I think he was just being stupid.

I had forgotten about Pansy's dream, which surprises me, because it went on forever - far longer, I think, than Charity's Quentin dream a few weeks back, which I had remembered.  With any luck, I can forget this dream again.  If there were anything at all between Quentin and Pansy, I wouldn't mind it, but there isn't.  I'm glad that there are those who enjoy it, however.