Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0865  (Read 703 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0865
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0865
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »
They are filming in the gilded mirror.   They have been doing a lot of filming in mirrors and wonder if it is intentional to bring another dimension to the duality of the characters.   I particuarly like when the use the gilded mirror as it reminds me of the one that used to hang in the foyer of my home when I was a child. 
It is interesting that Petofi seems to be able to have changed Charity, but is unable to control her or her visions.  Does the hand have a will of it's own and Petofi can't control it?   The plan is starting to unravel.  Aristede waits to use the torch on Angelique.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 03:38:13 AM »
I'm surprised it never occured to Petofi to use the hand on Charity to control what she sees or can't see...perhaps he shouldn't have infused her with Pansy's psychic abilities along with her personality. But then again, Petofi even in his own body couldn't control other people's visions. It seems to be one ability that alludes him. I wonder why.

I loved it when Quentin in Petofi's body slapping Aristede in front of Angelique. I could almost hear Quentin thinking 'That's for tying me down and trapping me under that blade'. From the look on his face, you just know Aristede would love to beat the crap out of Quentin, but knows he can't do it with Angelique in the room.

I felt sorry for Angelique by the end of the episode. Petofi in Quentin's body exploited her Achilles' Heel and that was fire. Now she's going to be at his mercy. That's a predictament I wouldn't wish even on her.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »
I too felt sorry for Angelique at the end of the episode, and wondered if it was the first time I had ever felt that way.  Most of the time, when she gets foiled it's as a result of doing something unpleasant or stupid, but today she was trying to help Quentin.  So I felt sorry for her.  On the other hand, the only reason she was trying to help Quentin was that she wanted him for herself, so I guess my sympathy was wasted.

What did Carl give Quentin for his 21st birthday?  I'm dying to know.  The question is complicated by the fact that, as far as I know, nobody has ever nailed down whether Carl is older or younger than Quentin.

Charity's bedroom made a beautiful backdrop for the closing credits.  Pink feather boa at the top, green fern at the bottom, brass bed and brass hatrack in the middle - all a pleasure for the eye to see.