Author Topic: Snip Snip  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Snip Snip
« on: July 20, 2002, 05:58:20 AM »
Usually I don't get the chance to watch these on Sci Fi--I watch my tapes, when leisure permits.

I'm on vacation in Maryland and happened to catch part of today's broadcast. I'm sure I spotted at least one brief cut when Julia and Mrs. Johnson left the room and the action went back to Blair and Roger.

I'd pretty much figured that Sci Fi must be snipping away little bits of the episodes. But of course, the only viewers who would care about that would have to be total fanatics, zealously dedicated to watching every possible second of Dark Shadows. And I'm sure there aren't any people like that in this room.

Of course you know I fast forward through nearly EVERY Jeff and Vicki scene. I'm glad we have our Maestro Mysterioso to keep track of just how many times Jeff touches his hair. A truly Herculean labor!

Gothick

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Snip Snip
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 08:44:54 PM »
I was wondering if there had been a cut as well. I found it odd that we never got to see Barnabas try to explain to Roger that Julia was not going to be able to help find Elizabeth, who was missing from Windcliff/Windclift/Wincliff/Winclift - somebody help me here.

I don't know if the scene was ever there, but I was so eager to see how Barn was going to explain it that I noticed it never happened. I was anticipating Roger's incredulous response.

Does anyone know if the scene were ever there to begin with?

Curious Dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 10:34:17 PM »
Forget it Dom.....I've been asking for the definative spelling of the name of the local mad-house for months....and no one seems to know!!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2002, 11:04:06 PM »
It's "Wyndcliff" according to "My Scrapbook Memories..." and that's good enough for me. :)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2002, 02:24:40 AM »
I was wondering if there had been a cut as well. I found it odd that we never got to see Barnabas try to explain to Roger that Julia was not going to be able to help find Elizabeth, who was missing from Windcliff/Windclift/Wincliff/Winclift - somebody help me here.

I don't know if the scene was ever there, but I was so eager to see how Barn was going to explain it that I noticed it never happened. I was anticipating Roger's incredulous response.

Does anyone know if the scene were ever there to begin with?

Nope, that scene was never there, so we'll never know what excuse Barn gave to Roger. Sounds like a good scene for fanfiction (on other Boards/Lists of course) ;)

Bette
Life works if you let it