Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0847  (Read 1422 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0847
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:38:55 AM »
(Oops - I forgot to post this earlier today.  [ghost_embarrassed]  Though even though the forum's day has already changed to Friday, it's still Thursday for most members.  [ghost_wink])

Robservations #847

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0847
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
Grayson Hall's acting seems very subdued as compared to her reaction to Dave Woodard's death; perhaps, she wanted to keep her cool in the face of this enemy. 
Quentin and Amanda reveal they love each other in what must be the quickest romance on DS not started while under a spell.  Then she says they can't be together presumably because she is not real.  I'm thinking there was a missed chance here to steal the story of the Velveteen Rabbit.  Quentin never knew what it was like to be in love? 
In Tim's I Ching experience, the Devil's mask was really an effective prop and then for it to turn out to be Quentin to terrify Amanda.  They have improved since the original Dream Curse storyline.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:53:25 AM »
I agree that Julia wanted to keep her composture in front of Petofi. I think Petofi relished telling Julia about Barnabas' death. He's as cruel as he is powerful, loving to control others (Quentin) or to watch them suffer (Julia). I'm surprised though that Petofi didn't think to take Julia as prisoner again, especially now, because as he pointed out, she no longer has Barnabas to come and save her.
He still wants to go to 1969 very badly, and even though he realizes now that Julia had told the truth about I-Ching experiences, he could have used her as a guinea pig to test out the doors, just as he had Beth do a few episodes ago, and talked Tim into doing in this episode.

Speaking of Tim, he still wants to do ANYTHING to win Petofi's favor. He's behaving like such a pest by now though, that I'm surprised Petofi hasn't bewitched or frighten him to leave him alone by now.

Gag! Did anyone else want to puke when Quentin told Amanda he had never known love before he met her? It makes me sick! So all those times he told Beth he loved her was all a lie? Bad writers!

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:02:49 AM »
Gag! Did anyone else want to puke when Quentin told Amanda he had never known love before he met her?

AMEN!  [hall_cheesy]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
David Selby makes me believe that this was the first time Quentin had ever been truly in love.  Quentin comes across as a more giving person with Amanda than he did with Beth, and he wasn't willing to risk Angelique's wrath to be with Beth.  Maybe he's felt this way before, maybe he hasn't.  I think what matters is that he thinks he's never felt this way before.

Yes, Tim's a pest, but he knows what he wants and he knows who can give it to him and he's willing to take risks.  He's not so very different from Beth, in those ways.  Petofi ought to take Tim on as a partner.  Tim doesn't have much to offer Petofi beyond amusement, but I think the amusement could be huge, and anyway, Petofi does like pretty young men.

Why has the I Ching given Tim this vision?  So that he can go rushing to Amanda's rescue, maybe, but Tim doesn't seem to care much about Amanda now that he's learned what Petofi can do.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. News of Barnabas's death spread to more people - Tim told Count Petofi and Beth, Count Petofi told Julia and Quentin.
2. Tim, under Count Petofi's urging, used the I-Ching wands and saw Amanda being strangled by Quentin.

Quentin told Amanda that he never felt that way and never loved anybody. What about Jenny and Beth?  [santa_huh] Certainly he loved them, although probably in different ways. I believe that love is different with different couples. [santa_wink]

I felt sorry for Quentin when he found out that Barnabas was dead. [santa_cry] He wasn't able to do it, but Charity was. [santa_embarassed] He did not know that she was following him. Julia's reaction to the news was quite subdued. I like how Beth had a reaction, but wisely didn't let on to Count Petofi how she felt.  [santa_thumb] Of course, Count Petofi was overjoyed.  [santa_smiley] 

Blooper: Amanda called Quentin Tim. [signerror]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]