Author Topic: Thank you Lauren Bacall!!  (Read 788 times)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Thank you Lauren Bacall!!
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
Apparently she knows her movie vampires better than her granddaughter- wonder if she watched DS:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0949734/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Thank you Lauren Bacall!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »
I just saw Twilight too, with my friend's 10-year-old daughter obsessing and commenting and quoting lines all the time.   I'm not sure it's meant to be that scary, really.   They're using vampires for a romance story.

I've often wondered what Lauren Bacall's really like.   One way or another, she's interesting and unique obviously, but people are intimidated, and she claims to be nice and easygoing, and that people are intimidated because of her movie image.   So far, the jury's out, but I kinda think she's probably very cool to be around, clever, AND will bite your head off if you're not careful, or if you are.    But so what, she's cool.   Niceness can be boring.   

And she's right about horror movies, and I enjoy the shoe remark.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »
I enjoy the shoe remark.

Yeah, that was a hoot and a half.  [ghost_cheesy]  But at the same time it's sad that there's a whole generation who might think Twilight is "the greatest vampire film ever" without ever having been exposed to anything else in the genre and, therefore, with very little frame of reference to be able to make such a sweeping claim.  [ghost_sad]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »
Through the Grayson Hall book I follow Lauren, very amusing especially when she's ratting out her grandson who's hitting on some hot woman in her kitchen!
Julia99