Author Topic: Why The Results In Frid's "Game"? / was Fest Report  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: Why The Results In Frid's "Game"? / was Fest Report
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
I am still puzzled why so many of you think Jonathan had chemistry with Ms. Hall--she could give poignant performances but more often than not acted so over the top that parodies of her are not that off the mark....JF and Lara had chemistry together in spades (even to this day),and I think he and KLS had some depending on who her character was, yes for Josette and Kitty Hampshire, less with Maggie or Rachel Drummond....so I was glad to see Angelique's death scene in 1840 made the list, as sad as that is for fans of theirs...but what a scene!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
Well, obviously most of the Ds audience back when the show ran thought the two had dynamic chemistry together otherwise the two would not have been at the core of almost every storyline while the series ran.

nancy

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
I can appreciate what you are saying Nancy but that is how the American culture has been taught to think, especially where "romantic" storylines are concerned.  Grayson had respect as an actress, just not as a love interest. 

Yes, I understand your point. I guess I just won't be told how to think.;)

Nancy

MirandaD

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 12:24:07 AM »
I think fave scenes have as much, if not more, to do with factors such as the writing and directing as they do with the chemistry of the actress involved with JF.  I would like to suggest that the idea of a woman outsmarting Barnabas the way that Julia did, along with the very dramatic declaration that she knew what he was, makes for must-see TV.  Ultimately, I believe it's the intensity of that situation that puts that scene in the winning slot.  I would even hazard a guess that the top scenes are all outstanding due to different factors.

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »
I like your take on this Miranda and I think you've hit upon something.  Of course, we all like to enjoy those scenes of our favorites characters (over and over again) but each scene defined some turning point with a character or story line.  Angelique setting her curse on Barnabas was key.  The cat and mouse of Barnabas and Julia.  The parry and thrust between Barnabas and Burke.  The sheer evil of Barnabas when dealing with Trask.  All of these were dynamic scenes. 
No matter whether Frid was acting against a male or female counterpart in these scenes, it was important.
Dawn
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.