Author Topic: Re: Take a journey to speaking correctly, Part 2  (Read 708 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Take a journey to speaking correctly, Part 2
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:13:45 AM »
I always enjoy Don R. Vaughan's blog. I particularly enjoy it whenever he attempts to encourage people to speak correctly (sadly, an often all too quickly slipping away practice  [ghost_sad]). And I especially enjoy it whenever he does so with DS as a prime example of correct speech to which we should aspire.  [ghost_cool]

Here's another entry inspired by DS.  Thank you for the link, Julia99!

This week's vocabulary quiz
Scroll halfway down the page.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Take a journey to speaking correctly, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 05:31:24 AM »
Funny - the ep referred to was featured in the Robservations slideshow last Thursday because it originally aired on July 23rd:

[spoiler]
She tells him the story of Lang's recorder, his vital message, and the fact that it's on a tape. His message was in the middle of the tape, and Cass has heard it, as has David, who asked her to listen to the tape. David came to her and they rushed to Collinwood to find the tape had been changed. We must learn what's on that tape! says Barnabas, but Julia is sure Cassandra won't ever let them find it. David remembers maddeningly little, just about Adam's creation, Barnabas, and some connection.
[/spoiler]

I wonder if Mr. Vaughan has been recently watching the DS eps on the same dates they originally aired or if he simply makes note of certain words/phrases while watching with the intent of using them in future columns? Either way, it's always a hoot whenever DS references show up.  [ghost_wink]