Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0831  (Read 1552 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0831
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:32:52 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0831
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:19:02 AM »
Trask takes Quentin to the cell in the basement.  Why did Quentin not know that this was there and lock himself in on other nights of the full moon?  Apparently the same person built the cell in the old house,  the lair of Petofi, and this one.  Do they all have secret escapes behind the wall with the vent?   
Angelique tries to get Trask to commit suicide, but unfortunately Petofi defeats her this time.  Petofi bring the portrait of Quentin to Collinwood.  A suspenseful episode.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Trask knocked Quentin out and took his confession out of Quentin's pocket. Then he locked Quentin up in the basement cell.
2. Angelique used her Jewel of Antiquity to find out where Quentin and Trask were.
3. Magda brought Trask's glasses to Angelique, and then Angelique used them and the Jewel of A to put a spell on Trask to write a "confession" that he was the werewolf.
4. Count Petofi interrupted Angelique just before she was to make Trask shoot himself in the head.
5. Count Petofi brought Quentin's portrait to Collinwood, placed it in Quentin's room, and said it was "his night". He was gloating about something special that was about to happen.
6. Trask was just about to "witness" Quentin's change at the end of the show. [shkdg]

I really like Angelique's Jewel of Antiquity. One thing I noticed about it, though, was that the picture of Quentin and Trask in the J of A was right side up to us, and upside down to Angelique. Very strange! [ghost_wacko]

I thoroughly enjoyed Angelique's spell on Trask.  [ghost_smiley] It was fascinating! I really like watching spells being cast. It's really fun. Trask was an automaton. Angelique was thisclose to success! Too bad! [ghost_mad] It was pretty chilling to watch him with the gun pointed to his head. One more second, and bam! No more Trask!  [ghost_shocked]

Trask takes Quentin to the cell in the basement. Why did Quentin not know that this was there and lock himself in on other nights of the full moon?
I wondered that, myself. Too bad Quentin didn't seem to remember that cell; it would have been a perfect way to keep the werewolf at bay. [ghost_rolleyes]

I agree, this was a very exciting episode! It appeared that Quentin's goose was cooked at the end of the show. Poor Quentin! Very suspenseful ending. [shkdb]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »
By the way, there was a blooper in this episode. We heard the sound of Count Petofi crushing Angelique's Jewel of Antiquity, but it actually was not crushed! It wasn't damaged at all. [signerror]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »
I remember from 1969 the scene in which Trask tells Quentin to turn around and then knocks him out.  It surprised me at the time, and seemed dishonorable.  As the years rolled by and I thought about it, I wondered why Quentin turned around when Trask told him to.  I completely forgot about the gun in Trask's hand.  But Quentin had just made it clear that he didn't believe Trask would kill him while he still possessed the confession.  Trask did sound quite authoritative in his command, however.  So now I'm on the fence as to whether it all made sense.

Like EmeraldRose, I was quite taken with Angelique's jewel.  As ER noted, it wasn't damaged when Petofi did the crushing business, but I think Trask's reading glasses were.  Why on earth did Trask leave them in his room?  My reading glasses go wherever I go.

As for why Quentin didn't use the basement cell before, I suppose he feared that somebody in the house like Edward might trace the growls of the werewolf down to the cell.

I had forgotten Jerry Lacy's wonderful capability of being still.  It impressed me when Cassandra put the spell on Tony Peterson, and it impressed me today.

All in all, we had 20-25 minutes of treading water today.  At the end of yesterday's episode, Trask had a front row seat to view Quentin's transformation, and at the end of today's episode, Trask once again had a front row seat to view Quentin's transformation.  But I enjoyed it, so who cares?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »
Is Magda totally incapable of holding onto a gun? [hall2_rolleyes]  But what foresight on Angelique's part to wear the Jewel of Antiquity when she came to Collinwood!

Anyway, I didn't enjoy the ep like Lydia did because I found its sloppiness distracting.  We had actors unaware that the camera had begun shooting (Lacy; Lara and Thayer) and too many lines that got screwed up:

Trask:  "I intend to deal with you right after I attend to him."
Magda:  "What are you gonna do to him?"
Trask:  "To him or to you?"
Magda:  "Both."

Quentin (in the basement at Collinwood):  "Why'd you bring me down here? Why didn't you just take me straight to the police?"
Trask:  "I may not have time before the moon rises to get you into Collinwood."

Angelique to Magda:  "They have him. Trask has him."

Angelique ... put a spell on Trask to write a "confession" that he was the werewolf.
Since Gregory was seen by others, including a local cop, on nights when there were also werewolf sightings, how could this plan possibly have worked?

I remember from 1969 the scene in which Trask tells Quentin to turn around and then knocks him out.
I get that these actors weren't professional stuntmen, but the gun was nowhere near Quentin's head when Gregory struck.

And since when does Petofi let himself into Collinwood?