Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #198 / KLS to guest at Comic-Con, etc.  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #198 / KLS to guest at Comic-Con, etc.
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:04 AM »
Number 198. July 19, 2009.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news.

- JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT – STARRING IN 2 NEW FILMS
- KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT NEWS

**** JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT –
NEW FILM IN RELEASE – NEXT FILM OPENS AUG. 7

Joe (1991 DS' David, Daniel) stars as "Tom," a greeting card author, in the new movie (500) DAYS OF SUMMER, in nationwide release as of 7-16.

Publicity: He "co-stars with Zooey Deschanel in a bittersweet romantic comedy-drama that jumps back in forth in time and includes unexpected touches like a big musical number, as Gordon-Levitt's character reflects on the arc of a relationship that lasted exactly 500 days..... The film premiered before a sold-out crowd of nearly 2,000 at the Sundance Film Festival in January, and got very positive notices."

Joe co-stars – hidden behind an elaborate mask, make-up, and prosthetics – as the villain "Cobra Commander" in the highly-anticipated action feature G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA. It opens nationwide 8-7.

More information and photos will be in the new SG #115 print issue.

**** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT UPDATES

Kathryn (Maggie, Josette, Rachel, Kitty) asks SG to announce: "I've been invited to sign autographs at Comic-Con International 2009 in San Diego. While I was asked to sign all four days, I am only available from 3 - 7pm on Thursday, July 23. For more information,
please check the convention website."

She also asks SG to report: "I am thrilled that Opera News has published my piece FATAL ATTRACTION: THE STAR AND THE STALKER in the August 2009 issue now available on new stands. I am especially pleased my story was given 9 pages, the most they've assigned to a Feature Article. The link to the article in Opera News is: http://tiny.cc/6hU9Y

**** SHADOWGRAM NOTE:

Please send SG your photos and reports from Kathryn's appearance at ComicCon and especially from the Festival convention In this way, fans who cannot be at these events can share the fun with you.

Please also send publicity, articles, reviews, or other material you may find about Joe's 2 movies, as well as the planned new DS film and any other DS-related news. Use the SG addresses below.

Those sending in material will be named as Contributors in upcoming print issues. You also may receive a complimentary Contributor's Copy for major contributions of information, funds, stamps, supplies, publicity, etc.

**** Subscription information for the ShadowGram Newsletter print issues follows. When your order arrives, I will mail you the current SG #114 newsletter to begin / renew your subscription. The next SG #115 and subsequent issues will be sent to you and all postal-mail subscribers as they are published.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin
ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766

ShadowGram@aol.com
YahooGroup e-mail: Shadowgram1@yahoo.com
Official ShadowGram Website: www.shadowgram.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #198 / KLS to guest at Comic-Con, etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:52:43 AM »
Kathryn (Maggie, Josette, Rachel, Kitty) asks SG to announce: "I've been invited to sign autographs at Comic-Con International 2009 in San Diego. While I was asked to sign all four days, I am only available from 3 - 7pm on Thursday, July 23. For more information, please check the convention website."

Adrian Paul will also be signing autographs nearby:

Thursday 3-7 pm, returning Sunday from 11 am-2 pm (AA6)

Offline quentin-channing

• Junior Poster
  • Where's my milk? Oops, wrong show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »
Thanks Midnite. Kathryn is one of the stars I'd like to meet.  I'm never in the right city though  [ghost_tongue]

With only 4 hours to sign I bet she'll be swamped.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:55 AM »
A fan's photo of Adrian Paul at Comic-Con:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darthweef/3759738206/

MirandaD

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:41:41 AM »
Holy Quentin's portrait! Maybe the man really is Immortal - hasn't aged a day since Highlander, the Series!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 03:49:37 AM »
And don't forget he was also to be Quentin in the 2nd season of the '91 series. Yet another immortal character.  [ghost_wink]

MirandaD

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:54:08 AM »
Midnite, many thanks for posting the link to the AP picture - I have to say I think I would have enjoyed him as Quentin.