Author Topic: I think it's time to ask...  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: I think it's time to ask...
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 03:42:15 AM »
HUGS on the rip off MsPeel.  Sure hope you're able to recover at least part of that.

I'll be there, and am rooming iwth ProfStokes.  Hope to catch some of you.  Will be putting my handle on my con badge (I HATE pictures of myself). You can recognize me by two things: I walk with one of those crutches with the arm cuff on it, and tend to live in fannish t shirts and jeans.

Some advice from a NYer :

1) Those not sure how to get to the Fest from Manhattan -- I've mentioned in other topics a bus from Port Authoirty (and posted links to the website).  It will take you right to the airport where you can get hotel shuttle,  See if that works for your location.

2) Those going to Lyndhurst should plan their timing carefully for returning to the hotel.  The GW and other Hudson River crossings get crowded and stay crowded on Friday afternoons in the summer, as people run off to the Jersey shore beaches for the weekend.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 04:35:27 AM »
I will be lurking for you!
May you die before you want too.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 02:26:15 AM »
I would like to make a request in favor of those of us who prefer a quieter, less chaotic Fest experience and ask that fellow Fest goers please try not to do loud partying in the wee hours in their hotel guest rooms--as I am sure we want everyone to have the most enjoyable time this weekend they can have--thanks in advance for your thoughtfulness.