Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0806  (Read 2495 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0806
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0806
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Where is everybody? It's been over two weeks since this episode came up, and nobody has posted yet! I guess I'm not the only one who is behind on the Watching Project!  [ghost_rolleyes]

Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. First time we saw Charles Delaware Tate's studio. It's the same place as the Evans cottage in the present time.
2. First time we saw Quentin's portrait.  [artist]
3. First time we saw Quentin's portrait turn into a werewolf!  [Wolfie]
4. Charity read Evan and Trask's confession, which appeared on the desk again after Trask ripped it up and threw it in the trash, but Trask convinced Charity that it was all a lie.

I love the effect of the Hand of Count Petofi superimposed over the photo of Collinwood in the opening voiceover. It was really scary when it appeared to beckon us! [ghost_shocked]

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Trask being "haunted by Minerva". It was really caused by Jamison/Petofi, of course! It was very exciting when the wind was howling and the lights went out! [shkdg]

It was really neat when the portrait changed! I don't blame Charity for screaming. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »
We get a good look at Trask the evangelist as he shouted about faith, and with finger pointed at his hysterical daughter, rebuked her for not resisting the devil's temptations.  Had Gregory put as much energy into packing a church as he did packing his own coffers, he could have built a sizable congregation with sermons along the lines of his "I am the only one left who can secure salvation for us all."

Gregory to Charity:  "This so-called confession is nothing more than the rantings of some foul and evil person."
Ha ha!

The haunting was awesome, though the pitch-blackness in daytime seemed a bit much.  (But we don't have severe storms with lightning and strong winds in Southern California, at least not at the same time, so what do I know?)

With CDT letting himself into Collinwood and then trying to read a personal document that had fallen on the floor, his brashness suddenly reminded me of someone else, hmmm.  (How long before he's shouting that he doesn't know who he is?  J/K)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:05:53 AM »
BTW, Sally, Charity read the confession after it burned in the fireplace, but it's no big.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »
though the pitch-blackness in daytime seemed a bit much.  (But we don't have severe storms with lightning and strong winds in Southern California, at least not at the same time, so what do I know?)

Trust me - it can get pitch-black in the middle of the day. And it can come on in almost the blink of an eye. But then 10 minutes later the sun will be shining. We just roll with it.  [ghost_grin]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:25:28 AM »
Amazing!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:22:58 AM »
BTW, Sally, Charity read the confession after it burned in the fireplace, but it's no big.
Oh, yeah! It was the fireplace! [6184]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 01:19:05 PM »
Trask certainly proved today, when he was lambasting Charity, that the best defense is a good offense.  I'll have to try that sometime.  But maybe I'd better practise it in the privacy of my boudoir first.  It wouldn't do to start laughing in the middle.

I had the feeling that when Trask tore up the confession, he was tearing the sky apart, and that was the cause of the storm.  Of course that was incorrect - but I liked it anyway.  Oh, and about the darkness...the other day around 5pm I was thinking, "Yup, winter's just about here, it's getting dark at 5:00...oh, right, it's still September.  It's just the weather."

Does Charity know that it was her own father who gave Tim Shaw an alibi in the murder of her mother?  Apparently not.  She probably thinks that is merely through the incompetence of the local police force that Tim hasn't yet been hanged.  Being Charity (and therefore uncharitable) she probably has made a few nasty comments to some of the officers on the beat about Tim, and, not wishing to provoke a public scene, they have nobly kept their mouths shut.

I'm surprised that Trask wants a portrait of Charity.  No, I'm not.  I'm surprised that he publicly admits to wanting a portrait of Charity.  It seems uncharacteristic.  Incidentally, is the murder of Minerva all that Petofi's going to address regarding the truth about Trask?  I don't deny that murder is bad, but there is so much more to the evil of Gregory Trask!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:57:35 AM »
Considering how hostile Charity was to Tim a few episodes, she knows he had to have beaten the rap somehow. I wonder if daddy Trask told her he had to [spoiler] let Tim off the hook for her mother's murder, a murder that she believes Tim himself did and did alone, and in cold blood, in order to keep him quite about Judith killing Rachel, a death that Judith committed against her will under the influence of vampire Dirk. [/spoiler] That's how it seemed to me and I can see how Charity would be appalled about it. Not only was Tim guilty of murder (in her view), but he was also a blackmailer, and he's free, while her mother is six feet under.

I feel so dirty defending a Trask. Yikes!  

I honestly wish Charity HAD realized the truth about her father. Maybe deep down inside, once she saw the confession, maybe she did know, but did not want to face it. Her father marries again before her mother's body is even cold, he closes down the school they had lived in and worked at all their lives...maybe that's the reason [spoiler] she slips so easily into her Pansy persona that Count Petofi infused her with. I see now that maybe there WAS still a shred of Charity hanging around, even after being taken over by Pansy...but she chooses to ignore it, because of the terrible truth she cannot face. [/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
though the pitch-blackness in daytime seemed a bit much.  (But we don't have severe storms with lightning and strong winds in Southern California, at least not at the same time, so what do I know?)

Trust me - it can get pitch-black in the middle of the day. And it can come on in almost the blink of an eye. But then 10 minutes later the sun will be shining. We just roll with it.  [ghost_grin]

And it doesn't even need to be due to an approaching hurricane, as is the case today with Hurricane Earl making its way. Right now I can barely see my keyboard because I'm too lazy to get up and turn on a light. (And the fact that it's deluging outside doesn't help. Funny how they never seemed to have rain like that in Collinsport. But then, more often than not they tended to have the rather weird phenomenon of completely rainless thunder storms. [ghost_wink]) But not ten minutes from now it'll probably be bright enough to see fine again...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 01:03:04 AM »
Hope you're not in Earl's way, MB.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
I was. But reports of Earl's potential fury were highly exaggerated.  ::)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »
Nonsense, you defeated Earl singlehanded.  A grateful nation thanks you!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor