Author Topic: DS LABYRINTH -- There's more!  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: DS LABYRINTH -- There's more!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2002, 04:48:52 AM »
The Cthulhu Mythos has a very long, involved history, with more facets than the Pink Panther diamond. The original Cthulhu stories were written by H. P. Lovecraft in the early 1900s. The term "Cthulhu Mythos" was coined long after his death (1937), and is actually a misnomer in regard to the pantheon of elder beings he originated. The long and short of it is that an ancient race of beings once dominated the universe, suffered internal strife, and became dormant, widely dispersed, imprisoned, or otherwise rendered unknowable but for a few "enlightened" individuals. In DARK SHADOWS, the Leviathans were roughly parallel to some of the elder beings in the Mythos.

Over the years, many writers have contributed to the Cthulhu Mythos, including Robert Bloch, Ramsey Campbell, Lin Carter, Fred Chappell, Basil Copper, August Derleth, Robert E. Howard, Stephen King, Fritz Leiber, Frank Belknap Long, Brian Lumley, Graham Masterton, Clark Ashton Smith, Colin Wilson, and F. Paul Wilson.

Rather than derail a DARK SHADOWS board with what could amount to a monumental amount of information on Lovecraft, kith and kin, let me point you to a Cthulhu Mythos FAQ, which, if you are interested, can provide you with as much or as little information about it as you want.

http://members.tripod.com/~danharms/mythos.htm

Enjoy.  ;D

[shadow=black,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2002, 09:36:33 AM »
Great story Mark!!  Im getting so into that by the time I get to the end, Im so mad that the chapter is over!!  You've been so good to post these chapters so fast for us!!  Im so enjoying them!  Thanks again!!   :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2002, 11:39:52 PM »
Hello Mark, I have read your story and must thank you for sharing it with everyone, an enjoyable read... I look forward to continuing. :D

The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)