Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0775  (Read 2434 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0775
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Discuss - Ep #0775
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:23:46 AM »
Dirk’s a hungry little critter. Now he’s put the chomp on Rachel.

Back at the Old House Edward is asking very leading questions, and Barnabas looks nervous.  Then he mentions vampires and the terror must be heading off the scale.  Barnabas was just SOO lucky that the victim Edward was asking about was Judith, someone he didn’t victimize so she wouldn’t have any reason to react to him.  Isn’t this a lovely ironic twist: the hunted vampire becomes the vampire hunter.

So Edward gets to stay up all night with Judith.  Amazingly enough no one went to haul Beth out of bed to do it.  Real good at it, isn’t he?  Haring off to see who is making noises and distractions downstairs (again that famous unlocked door!) meanwhile leaving things WIDE open for the vamp to get to Judith.  KNEW IT – Edward gets himself clonked on the head and is lying on the landing, useless, useless.

Hmm just thought of this, but Judith’s room doesn’t look all that fancy.  Certainly not worth going to all the trouble to move into in the middle of the night just because it belonged to Grandmama.

Hmm now Barn loads a gun with silver bullets, leaving two cylinders empty.  And right on cue, here’s Laura’s number one fan, demanding that Barnabas bring her back, like she’s a favorite toy he stole from Dirk. (Anyone else thinking of Annie in Misery?) Also right on cue we have Edward showing up with the tray of food for Judith, and her missing from her bed.  Anyone have any clue why Laura’s spell over Dirk didn’t break when she died?  Maybe cause Dirk is nuts?  Nasty little plan, to kill Rachel only to hurt Barn because he hurt Dirk by killing Laura.

And here’s Judith with the gun, all ready to play Dirk’s plan out to it’s end.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:55:08 AM »
Quoted post has moved to:
Judith sure is getting a quivering in her spinster lions.

I LOLed!  I read it as "loins", which I think is what you meant...  "Spinster loins" is my new favorite phrase, the phrase that pays, at least for tonight....  I may in the future see Judith, and wonder how the hell her spinster loins are doing, thoughtful, concerned person that I am.   I like to inquire after people's loins.

guylined

I am off to dictionary.com.

(edited by admin)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:10:05 AM »
I doubt you will find "GUYLINED" in the dictionary.com Magnus.  It's when a guy is wearing a lot of dark black eyeliner under his eyes. The young kids (God I sound old) call it GUYLINER when a male wears it.

I did mean loins!  And I am glad that made you laugh!  It made me snicker a bit as well!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
LOL, Taeylor! Spinster loins! Priceless!  [stfl] ...And I learned a new word: guyliner. Fascinating!  [ghost_cheesy]

Major Milestones: [milestone]

1. Dirk bit Rachel. Three in one night! Must be a record! That Vampire Dirk sure was thirsty!  [blackbat]
2. Edward thought that Barnabas was the vampire, but Judith didn't respond to him, so Edward knew that someone else was the vampire (at least the one who bit Judith). Barnabas sure was relieved! [whew]
3. Dirk gave Barnabas an ultimatum: Laura had to be brought back to life, or Rachel would die.
4. Dirk told Judith to take his gun and shoot Rachel at dawn.

The red candle in the cellar near Dirk's coffin was longer than it was in the previous episode. [signerror]

I thought it was pretty dumb for Edward and Barnabas to be talking about Judith and the vampire while Judith was asleep in her room. What if Judith wasn't really asleep?  [smile_groan]

The scenes when Dirk was making all those noises, made Edward leave Judith to investigate, and hit Edward over the head were really spooky! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
As soon as you see the little blue vase with pretty flowers on the big foyer table, you just know that something bad is going to happen to it.

So the original 6 silver bullets are now down to only 2?  Or did Barnabas and Magda split the remainder?

Hmm now Barn loads a gun with silver bullets, leaving two cylinders empty.

He left 4 chambers empty.  (The gun had a single cylinder. [winkb])

Dirk to Rachel:  "I'm waiting for him to be here by dawn."
I don't understand that one since Barnabas didn't know where here was.  Dirk wasn't much of a planner, was he?  Though he has amassed 3 minions in the span of a single night and I am on the verge of a jealous fit.

Quote from: Pansity
Edward gets himself clonked on the head
and hit Edward over the head

Um, he was choked.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
Oops! I guess I wasn't paying attention. [6184] Well, at least I wasn't the only one to make that mistake! You're right, of course, Midnite, Edward was choked. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
As soon as you see the little blue vase with pretty flowers on the big foyer table, you just know that something bad is going to happen to it.

Snicker!

He left 4 chambers empty.  (The gun had a single cylinder. [winkb])

Thanks. As you can tell, I don't have much hands on knowledge of guns.  All I know I learned from watching History Channel  [ghost_grin]

Though he has amassed 3 minions in the span of a single night and I am on the verge of a jealous fit.
But do those minions do housework?  [evilg]

Um, he was choked.

Whoops, don't remember anymore how I got that impression.  Guess I messed up, or looked away at the wrong time to type and missed something vital.  [blshy]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
I don't have much hands on knowledge of guns.

Oh gosh, I won't touch a gun.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
Then you've really done some good research.  Could have fooled me.  [ghost_wink]

Jeannie

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
I'm an avid reader.  Who'd've thunk it?!   [ghost_wink]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:19:10 AM »

Geez,  I didn't think you did things like read. [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 05:25:21 AM »
As Buffy says, " I'm not exactly gun girl."  I can shoot (if I should have to defend my home/self) one but they creep me out!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
I hate guns, too. [ghost_tongue] All I've ever done with them was do some shooting at the local dump when I was a kid (target practice) - and it was really scary to me then. I wouldn't touch a gun now. Do not own one, and don't intend to. Too many accidents happen with guns.   [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 01:44:40 AM »

Anyone who reads your posts?   [ghost_grin]

The great thing with a diverse group like this, with diverse tastes in reading (within the range of those of us who barely ever met a book we wouldn't read  [ghost_wink]) is that everyone has their own little areas of factoids that they catch if either horribly right, or impressively spot on.

Jeannie