Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0770  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0770
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 02:50:03 AM »
I had a friend who I showed DS and they said, "It looks as if someone did a play and pointed a camera at it!"  I was like well yes that is basically what it is!  This person isn't fit for DS though, as I later found out! If it isn't a big elaborate FX adventure then that don't get into it, which is fine!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »
Boy, Barnabas sure blew it with Dirk! He got too carried away and bit him too hard!
Barnabas got too carried away with Dirk?  That's just not something I want to think about.

This episode didn't do much for me.  Partly it was because Roger Davis as vampire victim wasn't very interesting, and partly it was because the business of checking Barnabas's basement on the kid's say-so was old hat.  Anyway (and I know I'm not the first to make this observation), so what if Barnabas wants to keep a coffin in his basement?  There's nowt so queer as folk.

On the bloopers, my feeling is about like everyone else who posted.  I don't look for the bloopers, my pet peeve is more the writers messing up continuity.  They can be fun, adding to the realism, since in real life people DO change words in midsentence, mix up names, get tangled around their tongues, etc.
The problem is, bloopers sound different from real life mistakes, for the most part.  In real life, people don't just stand there silently while they try to think of what they're going to say.  They say, "Um" and "You know."  When they say the wrong name, there's a reaction from the person they're talking to.  Likewise when they say something that just comes out wrong.  People say, "Huh?" or "Are you drunk?" or "Care to share some of that fine crack with me?"  In Dark Shadows, on the other hand, people just soldier on with their lines, and ignore the fact that their lines make no sense because of the blooper that was just committed.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 02:36:51 AM »
Barnabas got too carried away with Dirk?  That's just not something I want to think about.

Egad, I just did.   A very intense frantic two-second mental image.

When they say the wrong name, there's a reaction from the person they're talking to.  Likewise when they say something that just comes out wrong.  People say, "Huh?" or "Are you drunk?" or "Care to share some of that fine crack with me?"

LOL.

Yeah, Barnabas should just say, so I have a coffin in my basement, so what?   I also have a bedroom, and a bed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »
Actually, I liked the Barnabas/Dirk confrontations. Have to agree that Barnabas wasn't thinking very clearly about his plan for Dirk. As others have mentioned, Dirk HAD been human at one point, and people would wonder who made him what he was.

Maybe Barnabas figured as long as there were no more attacks, everyone would think and hope the other vampire had disappeared, having found another place to victimize. But that would mean he'd have to hold his bloodlust in check and not attack any more doxies....I just don't think he'd be able to do it. No matter how hard he has tried to resist in the past, he eventually bites a victim. I mean, Barnabas couldn't afford to bite Beth EVERY night, or she would have suffered his fate.

I always wondered though, why Barnabas didn't hypnotize Dirk into forgetting? And how come Dirk's obsession with Laura is still going on? One would think her hold on Dirk would have vanished along with her.