Author Topic: Supernatural Creatures Never Used!  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Supernatural Creatures Never Used!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
I had never heard of a selkie. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »
You're welcome...here's a link in case you want to read a bit more about them.  I haven't read it all myself yet but it looked good.  The legend has the right kind of spooky/romantic feel for the show it would seem to me.  [easter_shocked] [easter_kiss]

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »
Given the Victorian fascination with mummies I'm surprised they didn't incorporate a mummy storyline. Perhaps they bought a mummy to have an unwrapping party only to unwittingly unleash some new bedevilment on themselves.

A banshee would have been cool, though the widows kind of filled that role as harbingers of doom.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »
Oh, GOD...a banshee!  One of the very first things to ever give me recurring nightmares... [easter_shocked] - thank you very much Darby O'Gill (and Walt Disney)  [easter_kiss]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
When I did my Charles-Delaware-Trollish version of what-happened-if-the-show-continued, I concluded the series (ending it in the late 70's) with a storyline that had not only a banshee, but all sorts of Irish folklore creatures that kill everyone and destroy everything based upon a curse placed upon the Collins family in Ireland in the 1500's (before the family relocates to England, and then to America).  Of course, the only ones to survive are Barnabas and Angelique (who had, in my CDTish, reformed several seasons before) and both return to that Irish 16th century past to stop the curse.  Imagine the costume extravaganza in that one.  I ended it all with a real bang.

Gerard

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:24 AM »
Too bad this stuff isn't available for reading. I will say it again.....I  miss  zines! [easter_angry]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:48 AM »
Taeylor, email Kathy Resch at kathleener@aol.com and put in the subject line LOOKING FOR DS ZINES.  It may take a few days or so for her to respond but she will answer you.  Kathy published many DS zines, Concordances and she has access to other out of print zines as well.  That's someone you can contact and ask about past issues of now out of print DS zines.

nancy

Too bad this stuff isn't available for reading. I will say it again.....I  miss  zines! [easter_angry]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 07:15:18 AM »
It's hard to get my brain working in all the ways I want it to, and I've wanted to write fanfic for years and years.   I never got myself into a proper DS fanfic mode.   I'd like to think it's still possible, but one needs a venue for it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »
It's hard to get my brain working in all the ways I want it to, and I've wanted to write fanfic for years and years.   I never got myself into a proper DS fanfic mode.   I'd like to think it's still possible, but one needs a venue for it.

contact me via PM if you want a list of DS fanfic groups.  You can start writing your fanfic right away once you join them.

Nancy

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »
Your story sounds great, Gothick.  Is it by any chance posted somewhere on line? This fandom is in desperate need of some high quality fanfiction with a plot that hasn't been done ad infinitum.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 04:14:33 AM »
contact me via PM if you want a list of DS fanfic groups.  You can start writing your fanfic right away once you join them.

Thanks!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor