Author Topic: Out of Character  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Out of Character
« on: June 29, 2002, 05:01:12 AM »
The problem with Nicholas and his association with Maggie Evans is that in order for it to work Maggie is made to look quite stupid - either that or Julia Hoffman has been by lately with her medallion for another round of memory wiping!

Has Maggie already forgotten that Vicki stayed at her place because she was trying to avoid Cassandra - whom she revealed was actually Angelique? Even Maggie herself saw Angelique in Vicki's room. Maggie is well aware of what's going on at Collinwood thanks to Vicki, who herself blasted Nicholas the last time she saw him. Maggie knows about Cassandra, and she knows Nicholas claims to be her brother - she knows the score so why is she opening her door to this man with a big smile on her face as though he were the most harmless stranger in town??? :P

The other unlikely part here is David's inability to remember the message on the tape for Julia. He's heard it enough times by then to have it memorized regardless of whether he understood it or not. And what are the chances that a precocious kid that age is less adept at running a tape recorder than a witch who just arrived here from the 18th century? She knew about the fast-forward button before he did! :P

Sloppy, writers, sloppy! >:(

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Character
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 07:16:41 AM »
When it comes to giving Nick the "benefit of the doubt", its not just Maggie though.  Its the most obvious in her case, because shes playing blushing beauty while Joe is incapacitated (jeez laweez), but lets see who else knows Cassandra's "true nature": theres Barnabas, Julia, Vicki, the Professor and Willie.  Despite all the slaps and verbal barbs Cassandra's been made to take, all Nick's gotten is a snide comment or two from who? Vicki?? oh boy.

Well, another day, another dollar.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 07:52:44 AM »
The other unlikely part here is David's inability to remember the message on the tape for Julia. He's heard it enough times by then to have it memorized regardless of whether he understood it or not.

Well, Julia said it herself in Friday's first episode: David's inability to recall the message is "maddening"...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 08:03:26 AM »
Nicholas and his association with Maggie

But can ya blame Wicked Nick??? :P
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 10:27:26 AM »
I noticed too how smitten Maggie was with Nickolas Blair. I thought it rather odd since her fiance is lying up in the hospital with a concussion to his head. Maybe all is not well here with those two.  She seems to be enjoying all of Mr.Blair's compliments (then again, who could resist that charm)  or perhaps, with her dad just passing, and Joe not there, she's lonely and was happy to have someone there to talk to.

It's funny how David couldn't remember much of the tape. He's ususally as sharp as a knife when it comes to things that he's not suppose to see or hear. And you're right Chris_2, I thought he seemed out of character myself. Why on earth would he give Cassandra (of all he people) the tape to hear? When did they become so chummy?  The only thing I can think of is that with Willie shooing him out of the old house, Liz being away, Roger gone as usual on some business trip, and Lord knows where Vicky's been, there just wasn't anyone else there he could go to.  Still, he could have given Mrs.Johnson a try.

Also I was glad to see David FINALLY "revert" back to his old self when he decided to sneak out of the house to go to the old house to see Julia after Cassandra had told him to go up to bed.  Before that he seemed to be listening to her alot,with her shooing him off to go to bed, and then again when she told him she knew nothing about what the tape meant.  Suddenly, he was behaving like the perfect child, accepting everything and doing what he was told.  For awhile there I was beginning to get worried about him. :)
"Calamity Jane"