Author Topic: He's Done It Again  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
He's Done It Again
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:39 AM »
The stats have finally been tabulated and the results are in on whose love is fiery and eternal and whose is nothing more than ashes blowing away in the wind:

barnabasjr was lucky enough to be a granted -10633 Curses by the Curses Laura Heart.  [snow_grin]
But barnabasjr was also unlucky enough to be granted +1174 Cures by the Cures Laura Heart.  [snow_cry]

But, hey, for the third consecutive floaty barnabasjr ended up with a net gain - this time -9459 Curses!  [snow_smiley]

Some other stats (all times are ET):
barnabasjr was lucky enough to catch the largest Curse: -1909 at 11:15:56pm on V Day. (No one caught the largest Curse released: -2000.  [snow_sad])
And EmeraldRose was unlucky enough to catch the largest Cure: +96 at 06:39:55am on V Day.
barnabasjr was sort of lucky enough to catch the smallest Cure: +17 at 07:28:59pm, on V Day.
Janet the Wicked was sort of unlucky enough to catch the smallest Curse: -131 at 04:35:46pm on V Day.

A few other notable stats:
CrazyJenny and mscbryk were lucky enough to only catch Curses.  [snow_happy]
Eight members were all unlucky enough to only catch Cures - but I won't list their names. They know who they are...

And that's it until next time - whenever that may be. But I will say that the next floaty is quite possibly the most horrifying on the forum!!  [snow_wow]  [snow_scream]  (And it hasn't been seen since 2005 for fear of driving too many cousins crazy...)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: He's Done It Again
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:35:49 AM »
Not even any "sort of" notoriety for Magnus!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:16:18 AM »
I'm actually sorry I missed seeing the Laura floatie (I was busy shepherding a friend from Nova Scotia around town).  I just love her truly, epically EEE-vil expression in that image!

It looks as if Barnabas Jr really takes after his namesake in the Cursed dept.!

cheers, G.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
Say, what do you mean I was "sort of unlucky"? I didn't even know I was playing.
Why don't you have a Wicked Wednesday curse thing with a floating head of Jason McGuire? That's what I'd like to know, and how to score big time...grumble, grumble, grumble...
Minus 131 curses... Fah!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:08:45 AM »
barnabasjr was lucky enough to catch the largest Curse: -1909 at 11:15:56pm on V Day.

OK, I just have to face the fact that EVERYONE knows I was home alone on V Day!  [snow_blush]

Had a good time, though, all by myself! [snow_wink]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:38 AM »
i usually avoid floaties but laura was so scrumptious looking i couldn't resist.

like a big,floating kiss! [snow_sick2]

and that bitch nailed me with cures last time so i needed it.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:17:48 AM »
Is there some kind of prize or special privilege associated with this curse/cure stuff and the floating icons?  And this "karma" business... What does it all mean?
 "I don't understand!" [snow_huh]

I find the floating icons kind of annoying, and am kind of disgruntled when I visit on a day when they're in operation.   
All I want is to read the latest dish, and when I accidentally click on one of those things as it zips by, there's just that "please don't copy this image" warning, which I wasn't even intending to do!
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO