Author Topic: Charles Delaware Troll's Final Year Fan Fiction  (Read 2870 times)

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Delaware Troll's Final Year Fan Fiction
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »
I can't even pull it up myself as I did it in the old WordPerfect format which Microsoft no longer (except with expensive software) will no longer recognize.

Have you tried googling free or trial conversion software? I did a quick search for convert wordperfect to word and found quite a few hits. Just a suggestion.

I'd love to read your version!  [snow_smiley]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 02:35:25 AM »
I'll have to try that, Katrina.  I did check on Microsoft's website and they want like 100 gazillion dollars for the software.  I had the old '98 and back then Microsoft allowed WordPerfect (which I far prefer) and Microsoft Word to flow back and forth.  When my old computer blew up and I had to get a new one, it had the XP version and I no longer had the additional Corel software.  XP and all after won't do it unless you get the additional software.  Bill Gates probably figured out he was missing out on a few extra bucks and you know how he was hurting for money.

Gerard

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 02:49:07 AM »
BTW, who does Barnabas wind up with in your story- Julia, Angelique, Roxanne, or Maggie?

I won't blab, Charles, just in case I can somehow recover it.  If I can't, I'll blab.  Of course, I do have Maggie return (since, in my CDT version, the series continues and Dan Curtis does have TLATKLS come back to the series).  PT Roxanne also re-appears when Barnabas needs to return to parallel time.  He finds Quentin and Maggie living in the Loomis House, their marriage seriously on the rocks, things going really bad.  While Barnabas has to deal with his feelings for Roxanne along with another woman in that time for whom he deeply loves (won't say here), he also has to figure out what's really the cause of Quentin and Maggie's marital problems.  Something very foul is really afoot.  As for Angelique, well, I won't say right now either.

Gerard

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »
D. Friedlander, thank you SOOO much for the instructions on finding the ghost page!  And also to Midnight for refining the info.  [9050] [9050] I've been wanting to recover this for the same reasons everyone else cited:  it's probably THE BEST of the attempts to continue the series, bar none.  Think the others may have gone too, come to think of of it; original fanfic is not doing well in this fandom right now.

And triple thanks, cause it just occurred to me that I might be able to recover the Falcon Crest virtual series this way as well!!! (Hopefully I still have the bookmark on one of the computers.)  [occasion18]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics