Author Topic: Niki Nidiffer  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Niki Nidiffer
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:38:56 AM »
Last week I lost the love of my life. Her name was Nina, but she was known to most as Niki. She was John Karlen's biggest fan. She had a memorial cement plaque made with JK's service in Korea installed at the college where she worked - Aiken Technical College in South Carolina. John thought the world of Niki. The last Fest we attended, Niki had found a Broadway playbill type thing that JK had starred in. He signed it for her and thought it was the greatest thing in the world that she had come across this thing. We talked to JK often. He was always interrested in what we were cooking on the grill, steaks, veggies, you name it. He really adored my Niki.
There are no words to describe how heartbroken I am. I miss her so much. She was a published author, wrote a book about the Graniteville train wreck. She was a reporter at heart and ran down the street from our home to photograph the disaster, with no thought of her own safety. The picture was published through the API - worldwide. She was interviewed by several corps across the country. Niki had a heart of gold. She often cooked big Sunday dinners and brought them to people in our community less fortunate than ourselves. She made my life so wonderful, never a thought of herself. She brought me much happiness and joy throughout our daily lives. I'm going to miss her. My life is so empty without her. She made me so wicked happy every single waking day. I am so lost and lonely. Anyway, say a prayer for her. She loved Dark Shadows, and adored Willie. She loved Old Man Frid too. Christina Pilz is going to post some of Niki's stories on her website. I will forward the web address when I am settled. I have come back to New England to be with my family. Anyone that wants to send me a hug may do so. I need it bad.
Bless you all. Niki loved you and so do I.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Niki Nidiffer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:28:44 AM »
Dear Janet, I am so sorry for your loss.  Your Niki sounds like a beautiful soul.  You will certainly be in my prayers.  [hug] [hug]

ProfStokes

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:38:38 AM »
I am so sorry, Janet!  Here's a great, big hug for you!!!

Gerard

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:18:40 AM »
Dear Janet,
I am so sadden to hear of your loss.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Julianka

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:27:06 AM »
My deepest sympathy to you, Janet.  And a big hug, too.  What a sad loss.  I'm looking forward to reading Niki's stories.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »
Thank you, one and all. It's a sad time of year to lose your beloved. Man... I'm going to miss her. I have been fortunate to have connected with friends old and new the past few days. Support.
Niki told me a story about her not letting Dan Curtis into some function or other because she didn't know who he was. I laughed and told her that she needed to relate that story on the Forum. Unfortunately, she never got around to it.
I miss her. She requested that donations be made to the ASPCA. She loved animals. A few weeks ago, while on one of her pet-sitting stints, I got to know some horses in Aiken. One horse in particular took a fancy to me. He was worth 500,000 bucks. I had no clue. Niki knew, though. She laughed and was amused that the horse took a liking to me. That was her way.
Please say a prayer for Niki. Keep her in your hearts. She was the best friend I ever had.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »
I'm out of words, so for now I'll just... (((((Janet)))))
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
Christina has posted the Gina Lee series. For those of you not familiar with the KarlenZine stories, Gina Lee was a girl that loved Willie, her kids loved Willie, Gina Lee knew of Willies perils with Barnabas. Niki and Christina worked on these stories with heart and soul, Mary too to create a series of beloved tales about Willie.

I'm looking forward to reading Niki's stories.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
Janet, I'm so sorry for your loss--my deepest sympathy.
Josette

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »
Janet, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Janet, you're both in my thoughts. *hugs*

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
Thank you for the explanation, Janet.  I found at least some of Niki's stories on a blog by another writer named Sylvia Bond.  Is it okay for me to post the link to them?

I'm sorry Niki never used her account here so that we could have come to know her better.  Again, my thoughts of sympathy are with you.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:26 PM »
Nik was quite a character (she would have to be in order to be with Janet!) and a very loving, caring person as well.  I know how much I will miss her and glad she and Janet had the time they did together.  I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. 

nancy

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
Is it okay for me to post the link to them?

Yes. You can go ahead and post them. There are a number of people who are interrested in reading the Willie stories. Thank you.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 02:38:45 AM »
My heart goes out for you- epsecially at this time of year.  There is one consolation: at least you had the love of someone special, and so many of us spend a lifetime looking for 'the one'. 

BTW, can someone provide a link to Niki's 'Willie' stories?  After all, who doesn't love Willie Loomis (or his portrayer!)?