Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0697  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0697
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »
Chris didn't know that the chain would break and Sabrina would come back.
Did the chain break?  It seems to me that if it had, then Sabrina would not have lived to tell - or not tell - the tale.  I've been figuring that the chain held but that the sight of the werewolf was what put Sabrina in shock.

Anyway, I'm betting that before the chain broke, whatever connected the heater to the wall would break first.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think the Old House basement cell would have held the Werewolf. I think he could have easily broken the door and escaped.  [snow_undecided]

It held Adam for quite some time.  There's an ankle chain somewhere down there too.

On Buffy, Oz was contained in a jail-type cell during the full moon.  It's just a big cage.

I just had a thought that he shouldn't have given Sabrina a key to his apartment. If Sabrina didn't have a key, then she wouldn't have been able to surprise him. So I guess I agree, at least partly, with you, too, Midnite. [snow_wink]

Whoops, once you see the ep that follows this one (which explains how Sabrina got the key), I'm going to lose your vote.  [snow_sad]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »
On Buffy, Oz was contained in a jail-type cell during the full moon.  It's just a big cage.
I remember that. Yes, Midnite, that big cage did successfully contain Oz. But the Old House basement cell on DS strikes me as weak compared to the cell on Buffy. Although Adam was very strong, I think the Werewolf was stronger. I think the werewolf would have been able to quickly break the ankle chain that was used on Adam.  [snow_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
If the werewolf fell off of Widows Hill, would he survive?  And if you threw both Adam and the werewolf off of Widows Hill, which of them would reach the bottom first?  And while we're throwing Adam and the werewolf off of Widows Hill can we throw Ned Stuart as well?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »
EmeraldRose, I meant this cell in the Old House--

Metal bars, iron door, brick walls.  DS Werewolves have very strong paws and claws, which is is how, IMO, one broke a leather ankle cuff before heading to the Blue Whale for a bite, but I doubt it would have the same success with a metal door or the iron cuff that Adam wore.

Remember how Chris chose a room at the Collinsport Inn that had metal bars on the window?

Again on Buffy, the werewolf in the jail cell was also guarded (by someone armed with a tranquilizer gun), which isn't a bad idea for Barnabas & Julia to consider, but on that show it amounted to only 3 nights per full moon.

Since 2009 is being called "the Year of the Werewolf," I imagine we'll be seeing all sorts of new interpretations.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
Another great episode, and nice attention to the little touches.  One minute detail which I notice they got spot on was the "David is MINE" note.  When I was growing up, a cousin of my grandmother's despaired of my handwriting and made me a copybook of the cursive letters -- but his were Victorian copperplate, as was the note we saw on screen. (FYI he never DID manage to cure me of my NYC public school chickenscratch [snow_scream])

As to Ned -- I tend to use the FF a lot when he's around  [6042] [diablo].  But the reason for that is in line with what everyone's said so far.  He's a self centered jackass. Personally, I wonder whether all the carrying on is actually concern for Sabrina, or that his pride is offended because she's HIS SISTER, and she's not pretty anymore. He seems to take the whole thing as a personal affront. AND DITTO on what everyone's said about him not being the right person, and definitely NOT having the proper training to not do MORE damage.

uh, and to address the hair issues -- sure, he might have had trouble with the upkeep himself, but what's wrong with taking her to the beauty parlor?   Most women DID  have their hair done in those days, and I don't know if home coloring was an idiot proof process yet in the 60s anyway. (Anyone else get the mental image of Ned messsing up and turning Sabrina's hair GREEN a la Anne of Green Gables.?)

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics