Author Topic: spoiler  (Read 794 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
spoiler
« on: June 21, 2002, 07:36:57 AM »
well, i guess i am going to show my newbieness, but here goes ;D....in reading a lot of the posts, i have come across a few that have this S P O I L E R  thing in messages, and i always wondered if spoiler was a cousin, or just what all that spoiler meant...ok, i responded to a message last night, and tonight in reading the other responses to that message, i seen mine, and i had that  S.P.O..I...L.E....R   thing in my message, and i know i didnt type it, so i was wondering if maybe someone would take the time to fill me in on this mystery  :-/... thanks in advance
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: spoiler
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 09:04:09 AM »
Hi tripwire!

A spoiler is a revelation of a plot or key event that's yet to come, and a spoiler warning informs readers that one is coming up so they can decide for themselves if they want to continue reading.

They're not mandatory here since the series has been around for many years and has aired in syndication in addition to being on videotape, but since the show continues to bring in new viewers and established fans may have forgotten what they've already seen, spoiler warnings are added so as to not lessen anyone's enjoyment and not make them afraid to read the boards.

In addition to adding the word SPOILER, there's also a spoiler icon in the Message icon menu.  It's the flashing S you see at the top of this post.