Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0680  (Read 994 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0680
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0680
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
David is back in Quentin's toils again.  How do you keep a ghost from possessing you?  Maybe Professor Stokes has an amulet that would do the job, but I doubt it.  I think that if David had not gone to Quentin's room, but had instead met him in a place that wasn't Quentin's home turf, then maybe Quentin wouldn't have re-conquered him so easily, but Quentin still would have triumphed in the end.

I like seeing Maggie being tough, as she was with David.  It's distressing to see her frightened so easily after that, but the ringing of the telephone would have scared me, too.  She's handled that phone, and she knows there are no batteries in it.

I liked the next-to-last few seconds of the show, when Maggie was walking towards the storage room and the thunder was rumbling.  It was just the perfect Gothic scene.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »
This was an Alexandra Motlke episode if there every was on and it made me miss her.  Great lighting on David as he recited his little tale.  I am struck by the contasts of what I remember from a child and what I see now.  Mrs. Johnson seemed to be a rather boring character to me then, but now I look forward to her episodes.  I only wish now, that the show had a larger budget for actors so she would have appeared more in episodes as she should have being the housekeeper and mostly housebound at Collinwood.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »
I agree that this should have been a Victoria Winters episode. [ghost_sad] Maggie, although she was just "filling-in", did an excellent job, though. I, too, enjoyed watching Maggie be tough with David. It harkens me back to 1966, when she was a tough-talking waitress. [ghost_smiley]

This was the first time Quentin appeared to someone else besides David and Amy at Collinwood. [milestone] KLS was an excellent screamer! [ghost_wink]

You could really tell how much David had changed by this time. When he was himself, he was just an innocent, caring kid. But when he was under Quentin's control, he was a monster. But he was a "little monster" in 1966, as well.  [hall2_rolleyes] Quentin's influence made him appear to revert back to his former self. Maybe that's why it took the adults so long to figure out about Quentin, because David had acted that way before.  [hall2_undecided]

The scene in Maggie's bedroom (previously Vicki's) was very chilling to watch. I'm relieved that Quentin didn't hurt Maggie and just wanted to scare her. But it was still pretty hair-raising! [ghost_shocked]

Another really spine-chilling scene was when David recited the poem. The eerie lighting was perfect, and made the scene really spooky. Once again, I must say that DH was an excellent actor! [bigok]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 02:24:08 AM »
Great episode with all that stuff going bump in the night.  The scenes were very well written and acted, especially the ones involving Maggie and David.

I must say, though, that I would expect Mrs. Johnson to have provided more in the way of dinner than a mere sandwich and a glass of milk.   Those Collinses must be bigger cheapskates than I imagined.