Author Topic: Robservations 6/20/02 - 529/530 - A Ghost Carries Out His Orders  (Read 1429 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
529 - Vicki asks Maggie what's wrong. Maggie explains that she came in because she heard a sound--then she saw the ghost of a woman standing over bed, whispering to Vicki. Maggie describes the apparition--she was beautiful, with long blond curls and a strange dress from another century. Angelique--she's found me!" says Vicki-she'll make me have the dream, and Barnabas will die!--what if Angelique told me the dream already?
Maggie assures Vicki that Angelique didn't have enough time to tell it to her. Joe arrives, and Maggie embraces him. The girls fill him in on Angelique's appearance and the curse. Maggie begs Joe to stay here tonight (on the couch, naturally), and even though he's skeptical about all this, he agrees.

Vicki says good night and returns to her room. She spots the bottle of rosewater sitting on the desk and sits down. Touching it, she thinks to herself what a beautiful bottle it is--where did Maggie find? Sniffing it, she pronounces the aroma "lovely, like flowers." Surely Maggie wouldn't mind if she used some. Just as Vicki is about to dab on some of the rosewater, Maggie enters to make sure everything is all right. Vicki assures her she feels fine now--by the way, you mind if she I some cologne? Maggie says it's not hers-she had assumed it was Vicki's. Vicki abruptly replaces the stopper, realizing Angelique had compelled her to use it. She tells Maggie to take it away and smash the bottle!--she almost used it, and she escaped Angelique this time, but how long can she go on escaping her? Since everyone's awake anyway, Joe, Vicki and Maggie have some coffee. Maggie advises Vicki to leave Collinsport, but Vicki still doesn't want to leave Jeff, and decides to ask Professor Stokes what to do.
Joe is suspicious of Stokes-remember, he had wanted Angelique's portrait, and they found his stick pin here at the cottage. He offers to accompany Vicki in hopes of finding out if Stokes is hiding anything.

Stokes and Adam are playing with the flashcards. Airplane. Boat. Excellent! Stokes decides to try a new game: word association. He says the word "love" and asks what comes to Adam's mind. Nothing. Then, he tries "hate". "Willie," growls Adam. Stokes asks why Adam hates Willie. "Willie hurt Adam," replies Adam. Next, Stokes says "kill"-- does that make Adam think of Willie? "No," says Adam, angrily. "Barnabas! Barnabas hurt Adam!" Stokes points out that Willie hurt Adam too, so why does Adam only want to kill Barnabas? Adam responds, "Barnabas was friend to Adam--then hurt Adam!"
Stokes realizes Barnabas rejected Adam, and Adam begins to cry. Suddenly, the doorbell rings, and Stokes tells Adam to hide. He lets Vicki and Joe in, and admonishes Vicki for not leaving Collinsport. As long as she's in the vicinity, she's in grave danger! After Vicki fills Stokes in on the evening's events, Stokes agrees that the rosewater would have induced the dream. He implores her to leave, but she doesn't want to leave Jeff. He tells her she must then face the consequences-- he couldn't stop the curse; his hands are tied. Joe finds the flashcards and says he thought Stokes taught college. Stokes claims he has a three-year-old nephew. They hear heavy footsteps, and Stokes says it's just his cleaning woman. (damn large cleaning woman!) Determined to make Stokes confess, Joe gives him the stick pin, saying it was found on the floor of the Evans cottage.
Stokes says he must have dropped it on one of his visits to Sam, but Joe says that's not possible because it was found AFTER Sam's death. Let me think, says Stokes--oh yes, I stopped by the cottage to pay my condolences--the door was unlocked so I stepped in; when I realized Maggie wasn't there, I left. "I see," says Joe, sounding unconvinced. Stokes ushers them out, telling Vicki he hopes she doesn't have the dream-but if you do, contact me at once.

Joe lets himself into the cottage and helps himself to Sam's rifle. Maggie sees him and asks why he has it. A precaution, replies Joe. She tries to stop him from leaving, but he makes his way out the door, and doesn't respond when she shouts after him.

Later, the doorbell rings at Stokes' place. Stokes puts down his book and answers the door to Joe and the rifle, who shoves his way inside. Joe accuses the professor of hiding somebody dangerous--he figured this out from the flash cards, the footsteps and the stick pin. Stokes suggests that Joe should write detective novels. Joe insists on searching the house, but Stokes maintains that his house isn't open to the public. They begin to tussle, and suddenly a door opens. "Adam!" exclaims Stokes. "I knew it!" exclaims Joe. "You hurt, Professor?" asks Adam, concerned Stokes assures Adam he's perfectly safe. Joe points the rifle at Adam. Don't, cautious Stokes, he's afraid of guns. Joe insists he's going to call the police, and edges toward the phone. Stokes says he can't be responsible for what happens if Joe doesn't put the gun down. As Joe begins dialing, Adam grabs a book and throws it at Joe, then makes for the door. Joe hurriedly hangs up and follows Adam out the door, calling after him to stop. Stokes calls after Joe, "Haskell, DON'T" Moments later, a shot rings out.

NOTES: Who's been shot? Or was that just a blast into the air or a tree? Poor Adam, finally getting some semblance of a normal life with Stokes, only to be invaded and subjected to violence, which the big guy really doesn't care for, even if he has indulged in it a lot. Did Adam get shot? Did Joe? If Adam has been killed, what does that mean for Barnabas, that he'll end up re-vampirized without Cassangelique's help?

530 - Vicki pays Barnabas a visit at the Old House. He is pleased to see her-I haven't seen you in several days, he says. She explains that she's staying with Maggie Evans, not only because of the death of Maggie's father--Stokes told her that she was in danger of having the dream while she was at Collinwood. Barnabas comments that there isn't any danger now that Cassangelique is gone. Vicki gives him the news- Cassangelique is back, returned with a story about being in Philadelphia, which, of course, Roger believed. She goes on to tell him that she is convinced that Cassandra and Angelique are the same person and that she can only guess that she hates Barnabas because of his resemblance to his ancestor (yeah, go with that, Vicki). Barnabas feels that Vicki is safe with Maggie until Vicki tells him that Maggie saw the ghost of a woman in Vicki's room--and Vicki is certain it was Angelique. Vicki almost used the perfume left by the ghost but she found out in time that the perfume didn't belong to Maggie. Torn, Vicki says that she should probably leave Collinsport, but she doesn't really want to. Barnabas tells her that he knows she doesn't want to leave Jeff Clark, and is trying to accept it.

In the woods, Adam sees the Old House and begins to mutter his favorite words "Barnabas hurt Adam" and "Hate, kill". He starts heading toward the Old House when Joe comes up behind him and orders Adam not to move. Adam asks Joe not to hurt him.
You hurt Sam Evans, Joe reminds Adam-I don't plan on letting you get away. They struggle over Joe's gun. Adam wins, knocking Joe out.

At the Old House, Vicki tells Barnabas that she's convinced her only option is to leave Collinsport to try and get away from Cassangelique. Barnabas, touched that she's willing to do this for him, tells her that he can't let her go to a strange place where she will have no friends or family. They hear what sounds like a gunshot and Barnabas leaves Vicki alone and goes to investigate.

At the cemetery, Cassangelique stands at Sam Evans' grave ( 1915-1968 ). She summons Sam's spirit and orders him to rise and appear to her. He does (in a trenchcoat and dark glasses, was he buried in those things?), and asks why she has disturbed his rest. The witch tells him that she has a job for him to do. I know what you are, Sam's ghost says. In that case, she replies, you must also know the extent of my powers. She tells him to go to Vicki and tell her the dream. He refuses. Cassangelique tells Sam that if he doesn't do it, she will deny him peace for all eternity. Sam tells her he's certain she's not that powerful. Fine, says the witch--go ahead and try to return to your grave! Sam does so and, realizing that he cannot return to his grave, decides that she sure is that powerful. He disappears.

Old House - Vicki hears someone call her. Sam's ghost appears. He tells her that he has been sent to finish what he could not finish when he was alive.
Vicki tries to convince him not to do anything Cassangelique says because, among other things, she is a witch. Sam tells Vicki he is aware of that, but he will not be able to return to his grave if he does not do her bidding. He begins to tell her the dream. She screams that she won't listen and is about to flee. Sam tells her that he will follow her wherever she goes and continues to tell the dream. Unable to resist any longer, she listens.

In the woods, Barnabas meets Cassangelique. In an icy voice, he asks why and how she came back.
This is my home, of course, she says, feigning ignorance. Angelique, he says, I had hoped you had decided to leave me alone. She replies that, as always, she doesn't know what he is talking about-and he's insane! Barnabas goes on to tell her that he doesn't care what she does to him, but Vicki has never harmed you--she should be left alone. Cassangelique suggests that they should avoid each other since he can't seem to get along with her. He tells her that would be a good idea, then exits. After he leaves, Cassangelique tells herself that a spark of her old feelings for Barnabas may be stirring, but she must fight them and concentrate on vengeance.

At the Old House, Sam finishes telling Vicki, who is nearly crying, the dream. Sam tells Vicki that he pities her but was forced to obey, the witch was too powerful. He disappears just as Barnabas enters. Crying hysterically, Vicki tells him about Sam's ghost. He explains that Cassangelique arranged all of it, he knew she was up to something-he just saw her in the woods. Upset, Vicki says that if she has the dream she'll have to tell Barnabas and he'll die.
Barnabas tries to calm her by telling her that Stokes may know of some way to stop the dream. Vicki replies that she has to get away from Barnabas as soon as possible because she is tempted to tell him the dream right now (before she even has it?-doesn't that go against pattern?).

In the woods, Cassangelique summons Sam's ghost, who tells her that he has obeyed his instructions to relate the dream to Vicki and would now like to go back to his grave. She releases him; he disappears. The witch is delighted. "The curse has begun again and this time it will reach its ultimate conclusion-Barnabas will be brought to his fate by the woman he loves!"

Old House - Barnabas returns, calling for Willie, but receives no answer. Hearing a sound, he pulls open a closet door. Slowly, Joe's body falls out. Barnabas quickly opens the front door and looks out, but sees no one. Standing over Joe's body he hears a low, insane laugh-and turns to see Adam staring through the window, his face triumphant.

NOTES: That scared me. Joe falling to the floor, Adam's face at the window, staring in, glaring at Barnabas, laughing insanely. It's hard to figure out who is causing Barnabas more trouble-his artificially created "son" or his witch wife! Either way, he seems doomed. How is he going to explain Joe being in the Old House? And how badly injured is Joe-or is he dead?

We know Vicki-she's going to do whatever it takes to stop the dream from reaching Barnabas. She might not love him, but she does care about him, and she's got a strong will when she needs it.

Will that spark of love Cassangelique is feeling for Barnabas flame into something greater? Will she cancel the dream curse? Will Nicholas even allow it?

Lots of stuff going on, stay tuned!

Love, Robin

DVD

Re:Robservations 6/20/02 - 529/530 - A Ghost Carries Out His Orders
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 02:43:11 PM »
DVD episodes for January 21st and 22nd.

The 7th and 8th episodes on Set#8/Disc#4 (2nd and 3rd episodes on MPI tape Volume #60).