Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0672  (Read 1375 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0672
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:01:07 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0672
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:03:31 AM »
I have to say I do not like Carolyn's hair parted in the middle.  She looks so plain and it was a revelation to see her in the beginning episodes and see how attractive she was then. 
It was good to see Liz back at Collinwood, but this is basically the end of her having anything much to do on the show
I kept thinking it was a good thing that Willlie has reformed his grave robbing ways since Liz's tomb and coffin were wide open.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:17:28 AM »
i was just so glad that liz's endlessly tedious fear of death/being buried alive finally was over i didn't care what else she was doing.it was one of my absolute least favorite plots...

and actually i thought she got some good material during this storyline.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »
I think that Elizabeth's burial alive storyline has some truly shining moments, but the dénouement isn't one of them.  Why on earth was she entombed in that red robe?  It's a very nice robe, but people usually don't get buried in their nightgown, do they?  And why couldn't she have come alive in the mausoleum?  It would have been so neat to see her sit up in that spiffy stainless steel coffin.  (Was it specially made at the cannery just for her?)  Carolyn would have screamed, Julia would have gasped, and Barnabas would have frowned impressively.  What an opportunity was missed!

As far as I can tell, Julia didn't dole out any sedatives in this episode.  She had her bag right there, too, and she treated two women who had been in stressful situations.  Phenomenal.  By the way, I liked the way Nancy Barrett flinched when Julia dabbed at Carolyn's wound.  Maybe there were ice cubes inside that thing Julia was swabbing the cut with.

I wonder where Julia was when Amy was supposedly sick.  Suddenly Julia was at Collinwood during this episode. I'm trying to remember if anything was said yesterday or the day before about Julia being out, but I don't think it was mentioned.  And today Julia was worried because Carolyn was gone for so long, and it turned out that Barnabas was in the study.  Meanwhile Maggie was out of the picture today.  I understand that Dark Shadows has to stay within budget, but today the writers got lazy about making up excuses for people not being on the scene.  A couple of lines  would have done the job - something along the lines of, "By the way, Julia, how was your threesome with Barnabas and Sheriff Patterson?"  "Exhausting.  I don't know how George has the energy for his follow-up with Maggie and Mrs. Johnson."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:43 PM »
I liked Liz's robe or dressing gown or whatever it's called.  But I always like her in red.  And I loved her hair.

Do you think they would have considered putting Joan Bennett inside a coffin?  Joan Bennett?!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
Do you think they would have considered putting Joan Bennett inside a coffin?  Joan Bennett?!
I was thinking about that as I posted, and didn't mention it for two reasons:

1) I couldn't remember whether or not we saw Elizabeth in a coffin in a dream earlier in the burial alive subplot, and

2) From what I've read, my impression is that Joan Bennett was a real trouper, and would have consented to being shut up in a coffin for the good of the show.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
Wow! What an exciting show! [wow] Nancy Barrett sure is a great screamer! It was thrilling to watch the werewolf action scenes! [hall2_shocked]

One thing puzzles me about this episode. How was Elizabeth able to get out of the coffin?  [scratch] Wouldn't it have been hard for her to lift it up while being inside? Apparently not...

... And another thing... I would think that people would recognize Chris's clothes on the werewolf. Maybe Chris changed his clothes before the transformation.  [hall2_wink]

Yes, indeed, it was fun to watch the "knowing glances" between Barnabas and Julia.  [hall2_cheesy] It was quite satisfying to hear Elizabeth's story about Cassandra. It was neat that Elizabeth was able to "see" Angelique get torched. I'm surprised that Elizabeth didn't "wake up" sooner, since Angelique was "dead". I guess it was Carolyn's imminent danger that roused her out of her "dead but not dead" state.  [hall2_smiley]

I think Elizabeth looked good in red, too. That was a lovely robe she was wearing. Even though she spent 3 weeks lying in that coffin, her hair was beautifully coiffed, with not a hair out of place. [gorgeous]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 06:37:08 AM »
I loved the hubbada hubbada moment where Julia tried to explain why she, a trained physician, had declared a live woman dead and consigned her to the fate of being buried alive.  Julia would have made a great politician!

I rather liked Elizabeth's unexpected return to Collinwood, with Barnabas saying "Who could that be at this hour?"