Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0664  (Read 2506 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0664
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0664
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »
Lara Parker seems to have a cold: her voice was a little bit hoarse today.  Her character, meanwhile, has gotten into a rut.  When everybody at Collinwood was telling Elizabeth her fears of being buried alive were groundless, did it ever to Vicky that she herself would be buried alive?

I don't suppose it would come to burial alive for Vicky, however, because if it did, there would be no reason for Barnabas to stay in 1796.  I can't remember exactly what Angelique does at this point, but the next step would be for her to tell Barnabas that Vicky is alive, and that if he goes back to 1968, Vicky will die.  The obvious question is: "What's the difference between death and Vicky's present state?" but Barnabas will see a difference, no doubt, and if he doesn't, then no doubt Angelique will think of something extra to throw in to persuade him to stay with her.  And, as usual, I suppose she thinks that Barnabas will come to love her.

[spoiler]Looking ahead to the the events of 1840, I suppose that idea isn't so crazy.  My theory is that there's a good, lovable Angelique imprisoned inside the bad Angelique, who couldn't be free until Gerard Stiles came to life. Maybe Angelique feels the presence of that lovable Angelique inside her, and just can't believe that it isn't in any way apparent to anybody else.[/spoiler]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 02:54:46 AM »
naturallly Angelique sees herself as the victim.  There's no question that she loves Barnabas, but she's not yet grown up enough to know that you can't make someone love you and that they have to come to that conclusion on their own. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »
naturallly Angelique sees herself as the victim.  There's no question that she loves Barnabas, but she's not yet grown up enough to know that you can't make someone love you and that they have to come to that conclusion on their own. 

Is Julia grown-up enough for that?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:51:46 AM »
Good question!  I wanted J & B together but who knows?? Not I!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 06:46:59 AM »
I hope your new project to cure vampirism works out!

[female_skull] [candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »
It was nice seeing Angelique.  Angelique never learns which I find frustrating.

The time travel storylines hurt my head. However, I am just going with the flow and enjoying the story for what it is.  [128]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 01:16:11 AM »
Did everyone recognize David Groh (Rhoda's Joe) as one of the men standing near the gallows?

And did it annoy anyone else that Barnabas kept referring to Crystal as a girl?  Was it so hard to say "woman" instead?

It was nice seeing Angelique.  Angelique never learns which I find frustrating.

I feel the same way.  I love it when she shows up, but soon after I'm calling her the b word. [nodassent]

I usually like those entrances out of the shadows, but this one disappoints because you can see LP's shadow as she gets into place.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »
I thought Angelique was "disguised" as Crystal.
I originally thought that Barnabas attacked the real Crystal on the docks, and Angelique was "disguised" as Crystal when she was sitting in the chair at Collinwood. But now that I think of it, it could have been Angelique the whole time. That would mean that Crystal didn't drown after all. Does anyone know which one it was? [ghost_huh]

I was surprised that Vicki remembered being in the future and then going back in time again, but Peter did not. Peter's experience was just in the past, and not the future in Jeff Clark's body.  [hall2_rolleyes]

Vicki's hanging scene was so dramatic! Barnabas was screaming for Angelique to appear, and she did not! I felt sorry for Barnabas and Peter, that they had to watch Vicki being hanged.  [hall2_cry] Vicki was so brave!  [hall2_wink]

I, too, was happy to see Angelique again, until she showed her jealous streak. I was so angry at her!  [hall2_angry]

Carolyn Groves did an excellent job of lying still when she was "dead". She really looked the part. [thumb]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
Nice job with quoting another topic, EmeraldRose!  [thumbleft]

I originally thought that Barnabas attacked the real Crystal on the docks, and Angelique was "disguised" as Crystal when she was sitting in the chair at Collinwood. But now that I think of it, it could have been Angelique the whole time. That would mean that Crystal didn't drown after all. Does anyone know which one it was? [ghost_huh]

It isn't entirely clear either way, is it?  My feeling is that there really was a Crystal, same as you first thought, and Angelique merely took on the appearance of the woman's body.  Her private talk with Barnabas went like this:
B:  So it was you?
A:  Who allowed you to view one of your victims.  Yes.
B:  Why?
A:  To show you that I still have all of my powers. That's something I wanted you to know.

She seems to be saying that she was showing him the aftermath of the attack.  In addition, I can't believe a powerful witch would let herself fall into a large body of water, particularly during a witch craze, but that's me, and I think the answer to your question is left to interpretation.  What do others think?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 07:07:47 AM »
I agree with you, Midnite - although it would be amusing to see Angelique take on the appearance of another woman in order to enjoy the bliss of being bitten by Barnabas - knowing that, as a witch, she wouldn't suffer any after-effects.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
Nice job with quoting another topic, EmeraldRose!  [thumbleft]
Thanks, Midnite!  [hall2_grin]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
Regarding Crystal -
[spoiler]wasn't she one of the spirits summoned by the ghost of Trask to try Barnabas in 1968?  If so, then I surmise there was a Crystal, and later Ang disguised herself has Crystal....[/spoiler]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:26 PM »
Hi Nelson, I don't recall Crystal being in Trask's "Your Hit Parade" line-up for Barn in '68.  If she had been there, it would have been very confusing for the audience because the character was not a part of the original 1795 story.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »
Vicki is led outside, and we see her face in the oval of the hanging noose.

While this is happening, where's Phyllis Wicke?   [scratch]