Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0663  (Read 2902 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0663
« on: October 29, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0663
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:55:09 AM »
We didn't see Barnabas bite Nathan, did we?  So he probably bit him on the wrist, so Ben wouldn't get the wrong idea.

Shouldn't Millicent have been locked up and under guard?  Never mind, I always enjoy seeing her.  It's hard to keep track of whether she thinks Barnabas is dead or alive, but who can blame her for being confused on that point?

For all that Barnabas talks about how irresistible the craving is, I'm shocked that he couldn't resist today's doxy.  For heaven's sake, he had just guzzled some blood out of Nathan a couple of hours before!  And he had experience with resisting the craving, and he had strong hopes that he would cease to be a vampire in under 48 hours.  This may be the most unforgivable thing Barnabas ever did.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
Perhaps with the present time Barnabas taking over his 1796 body and that self submerged, it caused Millicent to be free of Barnabas' spell.

Shouldn't Millicent have been locked up and under guard?  Never mind, I always enjoy seeing her.  It's hard to keep track of whether she thinks Barnabas is dead or alive, but who can blame her for being confused on that point?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
That isn't what I'm thinking of, but it's a neat speculation.

The last we heard of Millicent, she had completely forgotten her marriage, and thought of Nathan as her suitor.  I don't think she would have been allowed to wander around alone.  Nobody knew that there had been any change in Barnabas, so there was no reason for anybody to look for a corresponding change in Millicent.

Supposing she was indeed freed of Barnabas's spell for the duration of 1968 Barnabas's possession of 1796 Barnabas's body, would the spell return when 1796 Barnabas resumed control of his own body?  Or would the connection, having been broken, need to be reset via a biting before it would work again?  I don't suppose it matters much; apparently the spell wears off anyway if it's not renewed with regular bitings.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 12:54:55 AM »
i loved Nathan's reaction to Millicent. For me, Nathan had this look of why are you so stupid Millicent??

I didn't realized Joel Crothers would come back to play Nathan. So I was very surprised to see him in this role again. I thought I had seen the last of him. [128]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »
This was mentioned before, but I feel compelled to say it again. I think it's a shame that Barnabas couldn't go back in time to the time before Naomi died, and he didn't even consider it. [hall_huh] He was only thinking about Vicki at this point, and not his mother.

It was neat when Barnabas changed history with Nathan and disappeared before coming into the room! It was thrilling to watch the terrified Nathan look around for Barnabas, wonder what would happen next, and be startled by Barnabas' sudden appearance.  [BOO] Barnabas sure had his work cut out for him, though, when Nathan wasn't initially agreeing to his demands and causing trouble for him. [hall2_rolleyes]

I thought it was strange that Barnabas went to the jail, and not Ben. But the jailers wouldn't have known that Barnabas was supposed to be "dead", so I guess it doesn't matter.

Crystal's life sure was changed when Barnabas came back. Unfortunately, her fate was changed in the worst way possible when she met him and was killed on the docks. [hall_cry]

In a way, I felt sorry for Nathan when he was trying to explain to Millicent about Barnabas. The poor girl wasn't "all there".
  [hall2_rolleyes]
----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2] 
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »
[spoiler]I thought Angelique was "disguised" as Crystal.[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 01:01:02 AM »
Sorry, but I only just now caught the above spoiler.

I didn't realized Joel Crothers would come back to play Nathan. So I was very surprised to see him in this role again. I thought I had seen the last of him.

OMG, that must have been such a treat for you.  [hall2_cheesy]

This was mentioned before, but I feel compelled to say it again. I think it's a shame that Barnabas couldn't go back in time to the time before Naomi died, and he didn't even consider it. [hall_huh] He was only thinking about Vicki at this point, and not his mother.

I sorta brought this up before too, but since Peter was the designated driver through time, and Barnabas felt the only reason Peter would listen to him in the first place was because they both wanted the same thing (to save Vicki with maybe Peter's life thrown in for good measure), I don't think it would have been wise of Barnabas to ask for something else, namely an extra day so he could also save Naomi.  But that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't thinking about his mother because we saw that the rage in him over her suicide was still there.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »
Good point, Midnite. But it still was a shame that Barnabas couldn't save his beloved mother.  [hall2_cry]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:04 AM »
Peter was the designated driver through time
Lovely wording!  It was always hazardous to let Barnabas do the driving - either literally or figuratively.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
Now I'm picturing Barnabas getting drunk and then time travelling and crashing the carriage.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
Now I'm picturing Barnabas getting drunk and then time travelling and crashing the carriage.
[laughing4] [lol2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 04:59:50 AM »
For all that Barnabas talks about how irresistible the craving is, I'm shocked that he couldn't resist today's doxy. For heaven's sake, he had just guzzled some blood out of Nathan a couple of hours before! And he had experience with resisting the craving, and he had strong hopes that he would cease to be a vampire in under 48 hours. This may be the most unforgivable thing Barnabas ever did.

I think you're being too hard on Barnabas. I am sure this wasn't the first time Barnabas had to suck on more than one victim in one night....no matter how hard he tried, the bloodlust was simply too much for him to overpower. He's been human for quite some time now too so I think he had forgotten just how strong his craving for blood could be.

I also think that Crystal was really Angelique. Another reason why I don't think Barnabas should be condemned for giving in reluctantly to satisfying his urges.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »
I can't believe that it's just a craving.    He must need the blood physically... not just to exist, but to function.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »
Then why doesn't he go find himself a cow?