Author Topic: Festival head count  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Festival head count
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2002, 12:56:16 AM »
Bob recently pointed out to me that it's my 6th Fest.  Hard to believe!

Regarding meeting up with each other, do please check the bulletin board near the Festival registration/information area.  PatrickM from the SciFi boards will be posting a notice sometime on Friday with info on where and when the meeting will be on Saturday.  Pat (Prez of the Florida fan group) has generously invited dsboards users to join them.  He'll either be reserving one of the rooms that Jim Pierson usually sets aside for fan events, or he'll find some other appropriate place (the bar?  hee hee!!).

BTW, I understand there's a piano in the convention area that guests are allowed to use.  Ah, Gerard, if only you were coming out so we could be treated to that duet with Ben we were once promised, <sigh>.

Offline HobbiesDS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2002, 04:13:55 AM »
Glad to hear there is a place where we can check for meetings/get togethers.  Since I'm traveling solo I would really like to be able to meet up with others.  *Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one going solo.  

So is anyone going to California Adventure or is everyone heading to Disneyland?  I choose California Adventure because I live in Florida and hit DisneyWorld several times a year.  Love it, but wanted to try some place new.

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2002, 04:23:36 AM »
BTW, I understand there's a piano in the convention area that guests are allowed to use.  Ah, Gerard, if only you were coming out so we could be treated to that duet with Ben we were once promised, <sigh>.

Well, if someone can locate Count Petofi's heralded relic, I can at least arrange for a three-handed duet.  ;)

And Julia99, besides the Grayson-themed t-shirts, red hair, and shades, perhaps you should stroll around ever-so-casually holding that hypodermic ... and then we'll know it's you for sure!  8)

Looking forward to reuniting with many old friends from last year, as well as meeting new ones.

Ben

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2002, 07:23:48 AM »
I will be at the Festival (my third!)  Now I have a question: how many people are going to Disneyland?  I didn't sign up for the trip, and now I'm wondering if I should while there's still time.

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Fest! :)

ProfStokes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello ProfStokes I shall be haunting this years fest as well as Disneyland with my very good friend Casper, :D
I hope all my friends in the Old Mansion will remember me.. :D  

The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2002, 08:59:10 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello ProfStokes I shall be haunting this years fest as well as Disneyland with my very good friend Casper, :D
I hope all my friends in the Old Mansion will remember me.. :D  

tell casper he is missed and hope to hear from him soon Sarah[ghost]
thanks jennifer :)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2002, 06:55:03 AM »
As Minja pointed out, I'll be there as well. This will be my 12th Festival. I was just at Disneyland and California Adventure in Oct. , but I love Disneyland and can't wait to feel the magic again.  ;D  For those adventure seekers, Space Mountain at Disneyland really rocks, it makes Space Mountain at Disneyworld seem like a kiddie ride.  :)  Bob

Hey Bob!
The three amigas (Karen #1, Susan and I) will most likely see you at Disneyland, probably bump into you on Space Mountain!

Picked up some TGIF Mudslide mix today, as well as the Margaritaville mix. Karen #1 is bringing tequilla. You're on Orange Whip patrol, right?  ;D

Now, I just have to find the top to my blender, or else we'll all be wearing raincoats! LOL!  :o

C ya there!
K#2
&quot;The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength&quot;                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2002, 04:56:39 PM »
I'll be there....my 7th Fest.

Nancy
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2002, 07:06:56 PM »
You guys sound like you are going to have way too much fun.  I think next weekend I will have to go out drinking and pretend that I am at the fest.  

Have a blast.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2002, 08:51:12 PM »

The three amigas (Karen #1, Susan and I) will most likely see you at Disneyland, probably bump into you on Space Mountain!

I plan to ride Space Mountain at least twice,  (before lunch) ;D so perhaps we will hook up there, if not at the hotel before hand.

Picked up some TGIF Mudslide mix today, as well as the Margaritaville mix. Karen #1 is bringing tequilla. You're on Orange Whip patrol, right?  ;D

Now, I just have to find the top to my blender, or else we'll all be wearing raincoats! LOL!  :o

C ya there!
K#2

Ah i was just looking at the TGIF Mudslides at the store yesterday and thinking on picking up a bottle......you are a mindreader. I know Mudslides are a particular favorite of a certain author of a recent Dark Shadows novel, but, alas, that author will not be able to attend the festivities this year, so we will have to imbibe in his honor, or lack there of.  ;D

As far as the Orange Dream's go, I've already secured a bottle of them. I hope you find the top to the blender. ;)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2002, 10:51:13 PM »
Yer KILLING me!!  :'( :-[ I won't be able to go again this year, as I have logged so many miles on the credit card recently, [the schedule looks great!  Hennesy's mother? ?!?]but have a royal M'ville toast for this English Cousin [and somebody take lots and lots of photos of TLATKLS! ;)]

and if you have never been to D'land MAKE SURE that is on yer calendar - it is the [un]real thing! I have made two visits, almost 40 years apart, and it was wonderful both times.

cheers,
'You Don't Have To Call Me Sir' Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2002, 08:27:09 AM »
You guys sound like you are going to have way too much fun.  I think next weekend I will have to go out drinking and pretend that I am at the fest.  

Have a blast.

Birdie

i'm with you Birdie i'll be on the Cape so i'll do a toast to my friends on the west coast!(of course my family will be Dark what hee hee)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2002, 08:29:13 AM »
Yer KILLING me!!  :'( :-[ I won't be able to go again this year, as I have logged so many miles on the credit card recently, [the schedule looks great!  Hennesy's mother? ?!?]but have a royal M'ville toast for this English Cousin [and somebody take lots and lots of photos of TLATKLS! ;)]

and if you have never been to D'land MAKE SURE that is on yer calendar - it is the [un]real thing! I have made two visits, almost 40 years apart, and it was wonderful both times.

cheers,
'You Don't Have To Call Me Sir' Ringo

oh i'm glad those Sir types always scare me :o just stay
our Ringo![wink2]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Shadowlady

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2002, 07:23:38 AM »
I'll be there ;D   My 5th :o  Looking forward to vacation time and Disneland 8)  And, of course, anytime fans are gathered I... have Frid Book, will travel.  Hmmm, don't see a Paladin smiley face, oh well...  ;)

Malia

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2002, 08:21:16 AM »
I'll be there ;D   My 5th :o  Looking forward to vacation time and Disneland 8)  And, of course, anytime fans are gathered I... have Frid Book, will travel.  Hmmm, don't see a Paladin smiley face, oh well...  ;)

Malia

Hey Malia!

Don't forget to stop by our room for Happy Hour(s)!!  [jester]
Blender will be a-buzzin'  too! [beer]
Looking forward to seeing you again!
Karen #2
&quot;The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength&quot;                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline Shadowlady

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2002, 09:04:39 AM »
Happy Hour  ;D  I'm on my way. :D  BTW, Karen, when are you taking in Disney  8)  That's T-minus    ::)   6 days and counting ;D

Malia