Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0648  (Read 2180 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0648
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0648
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »
It's a pity that Bathia Mapes wasn't available to help out the Collinses against Quentin.  That woman had power.  She would have easily gotten all the answers she needed out of Magda the she-ghost.

Speaking of Magda...[spoiler]It's a sad thing when Magda is reduced to speaking with knocks.  There's just no way to convey a gypsy accent with knocks.  And what a strange thing that Magda should be trying to help the Collins family![/spoiler]

Quentin is apparently determined to take vengeance on the present-day Collins family, even though none of them had been born yet when he died.  He's quite different from Barnabas, who didn't care one way or another about the present-day Collins family when he was first unchained.

Did Cavada Humphrey have to audition for the part of Madam Findley?  I find it hard to imagine, but if she did, I daresay that the first test that was put to all the auditioners was: "See if you're skinny enough to crawl through that open panel."

I feel sorry for Madam Findley.  When she and Amy both saw the pentagram, it must have been terrifically exciting for her: the discovery of a new medium, who might well be able to help her with the evil spirit at Collinwood, and whom Madam Findley might then take on as a sort of apprentice, raising the child to become a force for supernatural good in the world.  But instead Amy had already been appropriated by the other side.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
I noticed too that Madam Findley seemed to sense that Amy had some connection with spirits. If only she had met Amy before the girl and David ever found Quentin's room, perhaps things might have turned out differently...but then would we really want to be without the character of Quentin? [hall2_shocked]

Nice to see Joe back to normal, if only briefly. [spoiler] Too bad he soon goes nuts after seeing Chris turn into the werewolf. Between being victimized by Angelique the vamp, seeing his cousin turn into a hairy beast, and having that terrible nightmare of the werewolf and his other cousin, Tom the vamp, it's no wonder Joe lost his marbles. [/spoiler] It's really a shame what happens to him.

David and Amy are such sneaks, aren't they? They did a great job manipulating Madam Findley into going up the secret passageway. They're telling her not to go up there only made her determined to go.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:50 PM »
[spoiler]And what a strange thing that Magda should be trying to help the Collins family![/spoiler]

Well,[spoiler]Magda is related to Amy, so it's not all that surprising that she would try to protect her kin from Quentin.[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 06:04:58 AM »
Does anyone know if Cavada (Janet Finley) was supposed to trip or was that blooper as she entered the room! I laughed!  She played it off nicely if it was accident.  I thought it may have been an accident and she tripped on a wire or something!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »
I always wondered that myself...I think it was just another blooper. I laughed too. I agree Cavada handled it well though.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
I thought it may have been an accident and she tripped on a wire or something!

Definitely.  The line that was used to close the door from off camera also caused Amy to trip in an earlier ep.  You'd think they would have learned to warn the actors about the hazard.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 05:47:35 AM »
It is a blooper, but if Mapes would have done it, would someone have to feed her, her lines?

I always wonder why no one ever thinks about the passage ways in the house. At one time could they have been used by servents? Or would it been a place to hide?

Ii wonder if the kids knew what was going to happen, they sure seem to take the accidents calmly in many ways.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 02:33:37 AM »
I love the way Madame Findlay talked! [bigok] Cavada Humphrey got to do the voiceover again; I'm glad.  [hall2_wink] That was very exciting to watch both Amy and Mme. Findlay see the pentagram on Joe's face. Mme. Findlay sure was right when she told Joe to beware of "the animal that walks like a man". It was nice to see Joe back to normal. [spoiler]Too bad it won't last long.  [hall_sad][/spoiler]

Amy and David sure were acting diabolical when they manipulated Mme. Findlay into taking the secret passage, and when they blocked off the passage into Quentin's room. They were obviously under Quentin's influence. So scary!  [BOO]

I laughed when Amy and Mme. Findlay tripped over that (unseen) wire in Quentin's room.  [hall_grin] They both covered nicely.

Poor Mme Findlay is trapped in Quentin's room, and she is elated. Too bad she doesn't realize that [spoiler]her life was in danger.[/spoiler] 

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 02:37:22 AM »
Enjoyed the appearance of the pentagram.   Is Amy the cause of all the trouble at Collinwood?  She's lucky she didn't come to Collinwood in 1795 or she'd be facing the gallows.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 03:20:56 AM »
Poor Mme Findlay is trapped in Quentin's room, and she is elated. Too bad she doesn't realize that [spoiler]her life was in danger.[/spoiler]

Quite understandably, she's counting on the Scooby-Doo gang to show up and save her.

[female_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 03:49:45 AM »
LOL, Magnus!  [lghg]  [skull_winks]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
It was very nice to see Joe today. Plus he looked very good. [love7]

I am upset to see a pentagram on Joe's face.  [devil2]

Madame Findley is a very interesting character and actress. I would love to have seen a scene between her and Julia.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 03:07:25 AM »
I always thought it would have been nice to see Cavada and Gray work together too.  They would have been a campy delight! :P
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/