Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0639  (Read 3429 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0639
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:22 AM »
I really liked this show also. David and Amy going into the West Wing was great.

I do like the way that Liz got Julia to keep Amy at Collinwood.

Amy's clothes are always very coordinated. I wonder where she got the funds.  Maybe Orbaches was paying Amy to do some modeling.  [ghost_undecided]

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
This was my favorite storyline as a child.

I like to imagine sometimes I saw it live. It must have been thrilling.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:13 AM »
Damn, you're making me more and more frustrated that I saw it "live" and don't remember specifics!   But then I was younger than David Henesy...  I need to go into recovered memory therapy just to get back all my DS memories!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
Don't worry, Magnus, I don't remember specifics from when I saw it live, either! [ghost_wink] Actually, some of the few scenes I do remember from the original run are of Amy and David talking to Quentin on the phone and Quentin as a ghost. I just remember bits and pieces from when I first watched the show, even though I know that I loved the show and always had to watch it every day.

This was the episode when Amy started living at Collinwood and met David, and they found Quentin's phone and started talking to him. [milestone] Every time I see this, I'm amazed that everything with Quentin started so quickly after Amy came to Collinwood. They didn't waste any time after the Adam/Eve storyline ended. When I first saw this as a kid, I remember it being very scary when I saw them talking to Quentin on the phone, and it wasn't even connected! [ghost_shocked]

I love the rapport between David and Amy. [love3] It was great to see David finally have a friend/playmate who was close to his age. Denise Nickerson is a wonderful actress - she did a great job playing Amy! I just love those big brown eyes.  Amy was a brave little girl, much braver than I am.

Ooh! Quentin will be on the show soon! Hurray! [cheer] This is my second favorite timeline on the show, when Quentin was introduced as a ghost and Chris was introduced as a werewolf. (My favorite storyline is 1897.)

I also love Amy's room. So homey and girlish, with the neat fireplace. I also love Amy's color-coordinated outfits. [color]

Yes, indeed, Julia was free and easy with the meds, but they didn't always work, did they? [ghost_rolleyes] Elizabeth looked beautiful in this episode; red is her color.

This was a great episode! One of the best! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
This is a very important episode for me. This is the first episode I ever saw back in 1996.  [128]

I was 15 years old and my cable Provider didn't have the Sci-Fi network at the time. However, my cousin had just gotten a Satelittle Dish. I always wanted to see Dark Shadows due to my love of soap operas. So I made sure I watched DS at his house. I thought it was awesome. That Christmas my mom got me some Dark Shadows books and DS tapes. They sold them at the local Media Play. I never really got a chance to see anymore DS on Sci-Fi until the last year it was on the air. By that point my cable provider had Sci-Fi...I was too busy into college, boys, and partying.

[skelleton_runs]

What I remember of this one, was Liz screaming because of the werewolf. For some reason that is what stayed in my head all these years. I haven't seen this one since 1996.

Anyway, I am so glad that Adam storyline is over. I am very excited about new storyline.!!!  [128]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 03:15:17 AM »
During 1998-2001 I didn't watch any DS...I was too into boys, college and partying! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/