Author Topic: Who Is Nicholas Blair?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline MikeS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Who Is Nicholas Blair?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2002, 11:11:55 PM »
Some interesting speculation on the relationship between Nicholas and Angelique.  I feel that the main connection is that they both serve Diablos, and probably have known each other for centuries.  Of course, Nicholas is much more powerful than Angelique, and he enjoys never letting her forget that fact!  As for Evan Hanley and Charles Dawson, I never felt there was any real connection between them and Nicholas.

And I totally agree with the posters who stated that Nicholas and Prof. Stokes are the best things about the current storylines.  Like Thayer David did with Stokes, Humbert Allen Astredo has made Nicholas a fully developed character, with unique mannerisms and dialogue.  Love his verbal sparring with Cassandra!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2002, 06:40:14 PM »
Always thought old Nick was a high ranked warlock or demon.  All I know is, when he shows up, I keep hearing stains from Mick and Keith's...

Sympathy For The Devil [frkoff]

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Gotta admit it would have been a good theme song for him. [vryevl]

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2002, 09:35:47 PM »
Gotta admit it would have been a good theme song for him. [vryevl]

I love it Castlebee!!  Good song!  Would fit the ever so handsome Mr.Blair to a "T"  ;)  

Also, they played that theme when Tom Cruise was "cruising" in his car during the movie, "Iterview with the Vampire."   :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2002, 11:47:39 PM »
Some interesting speculation on the relationship between Nicholas and Angelique.  I feel that the main connection is that they both serve Diablos, and probably have known each other for centuries.  Of course, Nicholas is much more powerful than Angelique, and he enjoys never letting her forget that fact!  

You know, after viewing these first few episodes with Nicholas again, and trying to watch as though I know nothing about the series and I'm seeing it for the first time, I think my initial impression might be that Nicholas is The Devil. There's his overall look, for one thing: the eyebrows, the hair, the mustache, the dapper suit and black gloves; and his name, Nicholas - isn't Nick one of the Devil's nicknames? There's also his mention of his and Angelique's "bargain," as though he is the one who allowed her to live again (after she was destroyed in 1796) so she could get vengeance on the Collins family.

Perhaps they initially did intend for Nicholas to be Satan himself and then backed away from it. In one of my books (the DS Tribute book, I think) it says they did start out have The Devil as a character but backed off from that and demoted him to A Devil instead. I assumed they were talking about Diabolos, but perhaps they were referring to Nicholas?

Note the "bargain" between Nicholas and Angelique never comes up again.

Offline Kitty_Cat60 =^..^=

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2002, 05:22:35 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to the board, took several days to get registered but I finally made it.

I am seeing this part of DS for the first time. I taped Fridays show when Blair showed up and my vcr ate my tape. I took it in for repairs knowing I lost that episode I was clueless when Monday rolled around. I got my vcr back yesterday and the man was able to save the tape so I watched it last night.  :)

I agree with Chris_2 that Blair looks like the Devil himself I keep looking at his hair hoping to catch the horns.

Kitty =^..^=

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2002, 09:42:01 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to the board, took several days to get registered but I finally made it.

I agree with Chris_2 that Blair looks like the Devil himself I keep looking at his hair hoping to catch the horns.

Same here Kitty_Cat60.  He does look like the devil, but a handsome one at that!

Welcome Kitty_Cat60! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2002, 07:39:57 AM »
Welcome Kitty_Cat60 - I was following your attempts to join on the Testing Board.  Glad you finally "arrived."  (And your avatar is adorable!  :) )

I am seeing this part of DS for the first time. I taped Fridays show when Blair showed up and my vcr ate my tape. I took it in for repairs knowing I lost that episode I was clueless when Monday rolled around. I got my vcr back yesterday and the man was able to save the tape so I watched it last night.  :)

In case you haven't realized, check out the Robservations part of the Forum.  Robin summarizes (actually, it's far more detailed than that!) each episode and on this forum MB illustrates it with scenes from the show.  So, if you ever miss one, check that out and it's "almost" as good as watching it.

Josette

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2002, 11:30:37 PM »
.....and Linda Blair's dad!

Rumor has it that Nicholas Blair had a stint as publicity manager for Michael Jackson.  That would explain a lotta things.

Gerard

....pub mgr?????  Grandfather more like it!

YDHTCMS Ringo [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Kitty_Cat60 =^..^=

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2002, 03:51:14 AM »
Thank you Cassandra and Josette for the warm welcome. I am sure I will like it here. Everyone seems to respect each other.

Thanks for the tip Josette about Rob's review I will have to check that out.  :D
Kitty =^..^=

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2002, 09:05:38 PM »
Some interesting speculation on the relationship between Nicholas and Angelique.  I feel that the main connection is that they both serve Diablos, and probably have known each other for centuries.  Of course, Nicholas is much more powerful than Angelique, and he enjoys never letting her forget that fact!

Loved how he called the Dream Curse "idiotic" [thumb] and chided Cassandra for her constant failure.

So is Nicholas, like, her supervisor?

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2002, 10:00:29 PM »
Loved how he called the Dream curse "idiotic" [thumb] and chided Cassandra for her constant failure.

Probably, lol.  Does anyone remember what title HAA gave his character in that radio interview with the cast?  Something like Vice President for Human Relations for the New England area?  

What's clear is that Nicholas views what he's doing like a job, a craft if you will and Cassandra uses it as a means to an end--sort of like a live to work vs work to live approach  ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2002, 10:42:23 PM »

Personally, I always figured that he was something along those lines...[pimp]

ProfStokes

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2002, 10:47:26 PM »
...(w)hat's clear is that Nicholas views what he's doing like a job, a craft if you will and Cassandra uses it as a means to an end--sort of like a live to work vs work to live approach...

That makes a lot of sense.  After all, Nicholas has shown a certain kind of pride in what he does ("I don't drug drinks.") and seems to be annoyed that Cassandra is so personally involved with Barnabas, she spins "idiotic" ( ;D) plans like the Dream Curse. It's as though he feels she could make better use of her time.

They just don't make Evil like they used to...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...