Author Topic: Nancy Screengrabs I wanted to share! (Spoilerish)  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Nancy Screengrabs I wanted to share! (Spoilerish)
« on: September 06, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
Hey guys.  I don't know if anyone really knows how much I adore Nancy B.  I think she is one of the most talented young actors that graced our screens on DS.  I know I babble on about Grayson whom I do worship but I worship Nancy as well.  I don't remember Nancy ever really going up on a line or having a blooper. Sure maybe a Small little thing, but she always seemed to KNOW her lines and know what she was doing.  TALENTED!! While I never liked Carolyn, I loved all of her other characters.  The following are some pics I wanted to share.  I hope you all in enjoy them.  The updoo, the makeup, the black and white.  I think she is gorgeous.  There is also a lovely shot of her and her "mother" that makes me smile.  Looking out my window here in Kentucky, it looks a lot like a gloomy Maine day.  It makes me feel a bit sad seeing Joan.  I miss her and all the many we have lost.  Thankful we have them on DVD for all eternity!! I sure hope you all enjoy these pictures!  MY FIRST PICTURE is my favorite.  THAT LOOK!! PRICELESS!!

Tae
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Screengrabs I wanted to share! (Spoilerish)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pictures Taeylor! I do like the style with her hair up.
I've started watching DS from the beginning. Carolyn is still only slightly
rebellious in the episodes I'm watching.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:19:57 PM »
I've never seen NB that young... thanks.   I can always use any of Marie Wallace for a drawing someday.....?   Googling doesn't produce much.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:53:32 PM »
I can always use any of Marie Wallace for a drawing someday.....?   Googling doesn't produce much.

Have you tried her website?... particularly her Scrapbook page.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »
Thanks Midnite, and good to hear from you by the way... yes, I've been to her site.   There are a few nice photos, but I don't just see four or five publicity photos and then pick one.   I really need to go through a large selection, such as on a screen captures site, until I find a special one that affects me that others wouldn't have picked.   What especially doesn't work for me are head shots where the actor is looking at the camera and smiling, that same old thing.  Drawing hurts, so I want to wait till a photo is special and really hits me.

Often a photo is nice, but there's not enough resolution.  When someone does captures from DS DVDs, that will be great.

There's one from her site I wanted to use, but it's such a good shot that she's used it on the cover of her autobiography already!  It wouldn't be a very original choice on my part.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 12:46:50 AM »
Thanks for posting those pics of NB Taeylor.  Actually I was actually thinking that I don't see alot of NB comments in the forum at least not since I've joined.  I loved all her characters but was a little frustrated when she was so rebellious with Liz during the Buzz years.  My favorite of all her characters was of course her Cockney Pansy. She was exquisite in that role.  Looking at the pics, the first one reminds of  a light haired Audrey Hepburn..s'lovely!     [ghost_smiley]
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 12:56:15 AM »
but was a little frustrated when she was so rebellious with Liz during the Buzz years.    [ghost_smiley]

Wasn't it more like the Buzz couple-of-weeks?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:09:04 AM »
LOL, Magnus.

You're welcome, btw, but sorry that wasn't helpful.  Ah, screen captures-- quite honestly, I think the best collection available on the web (though none are from DVD) is included in the images MB chose to illustrate the Robservations.  For example, eps 609, 610/611, 622/623 and 624/625 contain some beautiful closeups of Eve, and if there's one you'd like to have for personal use just PM an administrator.  In case you weren't aware of it, you can navigate through Robin's topics on that board using the previous or next buttons; next will take you to a lower-numbered pair of summaries, and yes, the way the developers set that up does not make a lot of sense.

I agree that the pic on MW's autobiography is great.  If only one of her DS characters could have been so carefree.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:19 AM »
Thanks everyone.  Can anyone tell me what she is like at the Festivial if you have had the chance to meet her.  I don't hear much about her either.  I know she hasn't attended  I think since Craig Hamrick  passed away.  I had heard they were close.  So has anyone met and chatted her up a bit?   

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline markyboo

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
I always thought Nancy Barrett was one of the most talented, versatile members of the DS ensemble. I believe that if the Daytime Emmy awards had existed when DS was broadcast, Nancy would have been nominated for supporting actress and maybe even won the award once or twice! I always wished Nancy had had a bigger post-DS career. As much as I like Joan Van Ark, I think Nancy could have played Valene on DALLAS and KNOTS LANDING.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
I agree that NB was one of the most underrated of the core actors for the series.  She just kept getting better and better as the series went on.  I'm unaware of any slips and not knowing her lines that she made (I've been through the entire series several times).  She seemed to be able to pick up the others who were forgetfull.  I was lucky enough at one time to view a homemade video of her after a DS fest when she was talking to DS crew members and fans at a get together after the fest.   
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 03:00:26 PM »
I love Nancy Barrett as well! I agree that she's definitely a very talented actress! My favorites of her characters are Millicent and Charity/Pansy, but I really like Leticia in 1840 and PT Carolyn as well. I love RT Carolyn too, but only after she gets all the...
[spoiler]...Burke-chasing and Vicki-hating (of course, pretty much everyone hated Vicki then) out of her system. I thought she was seriously annoying during many of the early episodes. And the way she treated Joe was just awful. Despite all that, as we can see in your screencaps, she looked really cute! [ghost_tongue2][/spoiler]
After all that was over, though, I really got to like her. I liked Carolyn in HODS too.

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
You are right Magnus Trask about Buzz couple of weeks..but is time in Collinsport, Maine the same as time in the real world?  I mean RT and PT and going back to 1795 and going to 1897..1840..I don't know if Buzz was around for a couple of weeks or maybe a few months.  I really wish I could go back to 1967..'68,'69 so that I could go hang out in front of the ABC studios.  I would have begged my mom to take me there. But I was too young and not in the state of NY (still not there) so I guess her answer would be a resounding NO! Now I'm trying to get my girls to go to a festival with me and there answer is a resounding no!!  I can't win.  In any case Carolyn was a bit annoying during the Buzz weeks? months? year?  So does anyone know if time is the same in DS as real world time or is this even relevant? 
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:56 PM »
I was in the state of New York, didn't do me any good....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 12:35:04 AM »
Can anyone tell me what she is like at the Festivial if you have had the chance to meet her.  I don't hear much about her either.  I know she hasn't attended  I think since Craig Hamrick  passed away.  I had heard they were close.  So has anyone met and chatted her up a bit?

She's a very lovely lady. At one of the Fests I attended, I happened upon Marie Wallace in the ladie's room. She was quite gracious, even as I stood there with a trail of TP on my heel.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.