Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0608  (Read 1580 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0608
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0608
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »
What an absorbing episode!  We kept seeing engrossing two-person interchanges.  I was struck by Maggie's humility when she said that she couldn't see Joe's suicide attempt coming, but that maybe somebody else could have.  It can't have been easy for her to say that.

I can only suppose that the reason Julia hasn't noticed the scarf around Barnabas's neck is that she's too concerned about Joe for the scarf to register.  Other than that, she's very nicely on the ball, determining that the vampire could well be Cassandra, and planning to trap the vampire whoever it might be.  Julia said that it was "intuition" that told her the vampire was Cassandra.  I found the choice of word interesting.  Julia has a sixth sense that doesn't crop up very often, but that is definitely in existence.  Is that what's operating here, or is her subconscious putting the pieces together?

No sign of Nicholas today.  Is he taking a moonlit stroll along the beach and dreaming of his ladylove?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:36:17 AM »
Yes Julia doesn't really notice the change in Barnabas. Julia is engrossed about Joe.

[spoiler]It is almost like the time of the Leviathans, she picks up that there is something wrong, but she doesn't know what.[/spoiler]

Barnabas is also conflicted, wants to do the right thing, but also wants to do what Angelique wants him to. I like seeing Angelique helpless.

Nick and Julia are on opposite sides one good and bad.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:35:49 AM »
What a ruthless hateful you know what Angelique is treating poor Joe like that.  [ghost_mad] Of course she is a blood sucking fiend who doesn't seem to have a moral compass anywhere.  I do love the way Angelique is painted.  Her eye makeup is beautiful.  As I said before I wish people told more stories about Vincent~~the DS makeup artist.  YAY!! Julia Hoffman!! I hate Grayson free days. Well not always.  I just love GH you know!! What can I say??   [ghost_grin]  YAY Julia is cutting Joe's shirt open.  Very nice!!  Does anyone know if DS was the first soap to have a male shirtless?  It seems as if I have heard this before? It sounded as if Grayson slipped up and said "Get Julia...get get Joe" I couldn't tell for sure.  Julia's intuition is kicking in per usual. She is the complete antithesis of Victoria. Joel Crothers eyes look extremely teary today.  I wonder if it was glycerin to give him the look of one who is crazed and hasn't sleep well?  I have to admit I have been looking forward to these ep's because of JC's bare chest! YUM!  I actually like the outfit they have Grayson in today.  She looks very nice.

Sometimes I observe things to do with production more than story.  I hope this okay!  This was a really good ep I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:42:15 PM »
The scene between Maggie and Joe was very sad to watch. Maggie realizing that there was indeed another girl in Joe's life...but not knowing what was REALLY going on between them. Angelique really had no interest in Joe other than sucking on his blood. Too bad she succeeded only too well in making Joe want her so much he has screwed up everything else in his life.

Loved it when Barnabas realized that Angelique had been attacking Joe. Now he finally understands why Joe had been looking so pale and behaving so strangely. Now Barnabas himself is going to follow that pattern too.

Julia's instincts are indeed correct...except it's not Cassandra who's doing the vamping, it's Angelique. She also seemed to pick up that Barnabas does know more than he's telling, but at the moment her first concern is to protect Joe.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 05:09:32 AM »
You know, I think I might have been able to accept all this ironic role reversal, Ang being the vampire, [spoiler]biting Barnabas,[/spoiler] if this had been, say, the last storyline.   This was just too early in the story of DS for this.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
You know, I think I might have been able to accept all this ironic role reversal, Ang being the vampire, [spoiler]biting Barnabas,[/spoiler] if this had been, say, the last storyline.   This was just too early in the story of DS for this.   

I don't agree. I personally enjoyed watching Angelique as the vamp and Barnabas as the victim.  Barnabas has been human for quite awhile now too. It was about time he understood what he put his victims through...Josette, Maggie, Willie.

I personally think the timing was just right.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 01:45:57 AM »
I concur!! :)  IT was time for Barney to get a taste of his own medicine!  I didn't want Barney to die [ghost_nowink] just to understand what he put his victims through.  Of course with Barnbas being such a major part we knew he mostly likely wouldn't die but when I first watched the eps I thought he may become a vampire via Angelique.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 03:16:12 AM »
But I don't think that Barnabas has done what Angelique has done. He did feel regretful about what he had done.

[spoiler]Maybe Maggie, but then he didn't kill her, and he didn't turn her. He thought of killing her but didn't.[/spoiler]

Barnabas would threaten but what did he carry out. [spoiler]All except Dave, if he could have come up with a different solution he would.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »
This was a great episode! Kudos to all involved for their wonderful performances! [clap2]

It was funny (both funny
strange and funny ha-ha) to see Angelique so helpless, not knowing what to do about Joe. Of course, she had to call Barnabas to help her. We didn't see her bite him again, so I'm not sure if she did. I would think that the worry about Joe would preclude Angelique from biting Barnabas again.  [ghost_undecided]

Ooh! I loved seeing Joe's chest! [luv] He was calling for "her", and Barnabas steered Julia away from Angelique by saying that he thought Joe was referring to Maggie. It was so sad to see Maggie and Joe's reunion - not so long ago, they were very happy. Angelique was a bitch[ghost_mad] She separated Joe and Maggie, and then didn't even care about him in the end, once she had a taste of Barnabas' blood. 

That scene when Barnabas asked Angelique if she would have him taken out to the woods to die if she found someone else was quite telling. Hooray to Barnabas for thinking of it! [cheer] Even though Barnabas was under Angelique's power, he still expressed his opinion if he didn't like what what was going on. He still (sort of) had a mind of his own. He didn't do what Angelique wanted, and took Joe to the Old House. Why is it that most of the men who were victims were so torn and unwilling to comply to a vampire's summons? [ghost_huh]

Julia was right on the money when she suggested that the vampire was Cassandra!  [ghost_cheesy] Too bad Barnabas was under Angelique's power at the time.

I believe a milestone might be in order. I think this was the first time that two victims were fighting over a vampire, and a vampire rebuffed one victim for another. [milestone]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »
That scene when Barnabas asked Angelique if she would have him taken out to the woods to die if she found someone else was quite telling. Hooray to Barnabas for thinking of it!

I did like that.  It's hard to write lines that indicate a realistic, believable way for someone to work his/her way out of a "controlled" or possessed state.   

It's a good point, that we needed Barnabas to see what being a vampire victim is like this early in DS (and I may be finishing out someone's thought here), to assist in his gradual reformation.   I don't think 1968 Barnabas is reformed yet, except in terms of the most extreme acts.  He's stopped those, but even now he's willing to consider killing an innocent to stay alive or out of jail.   Anyway, he's on his way, but somewhere in the middle.   Like most people, he's still more concerned with protecting his interests and those of family and those who have helped him.   He cares about family and will go a long way to protect them, but this whole Adam thing is mainly an irritation to him, and he just wants it over so he can pursue his interests and pleasures again, pricey ones I'm guessing (when will those jewels run out?).

Later I think he becomes the guilt-ridden former vampire, who is more than willing to move heaven and earth to help others in order to atone.   This may be for Taeylor: in 1968 he was Red Sonja, mainly self-centered but drawn reluctantly into helping people, in 1969 he's Xena...

Part of my problem is the hyper-marathoning I do.   It all goes by so fast that 1968's a short time.   I guess he has been human awhile by this point after all.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
So only yesterday did I know this was an episode I would be able to see Joe's chest. But I didn't know that Julia cuts open the shirt... [8_1_202]

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
You know Julia was loving it! ;)