Author Topic: Coulld Julia treat Angelique, if so how would she do it?  (Read 4802 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: Coulld Julia treat Angelique, if so how would she do it?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
The craft can be learned in WICCA, however, I am not for sure if you can "learn" to be a witch in the DS world.  Angelique obviously inherited the power from her mother, I believe it was implied??

[spoiler] Actually, we learn she got her powers from Judah Zachery in 1840 when she was Miranda. There has been much debate as to whether or not Angelique was the reincarnation of Miranda. This is kind of tricky because Angelique in 1795 did say it had been her mother who had taught her how to brew the urb tea that she used to cure Sarah. Now either Angelique had no memory of her previous life as Miranda at this point or the writers simply decided to change her history to serve the purpose of her storyline in 1840. You decide. [/spoiler]

I don't know if anything could have cured Angelique from her wanting to practice her voodoo. I will say this for her, she did give it an honest shot to try  to give up her powers during the Leviathan storyline when she was married to Sky Rumson. [spoiler] Unfortunately that was shot to hell once she found out he was a Leviathan and then she started going back to her old tricks by bewitching Maggie and Quentin when she realized Barnabas was becoming interested in Maggie. [/spoiler]

Could anything cure Angelique from wanting to practice witchcraft her or her obsession with Barnabas? I'll be damned if I know.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:24:22 PM »
Slap Therapy... a slap before each meal, hurling of sharp objects followed by a healthful drenching with vinegar at regular intervals, and a weekly baseball bat to the shins.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
Well, Mag, that may do the trick with Cassandra, but what about Angelique?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:24:52 AM »
I must point out--vis-a-vis the tea thing--what makes you so sure she wasn't simply lying?

Personally, I think curing Angelique of being a vampire was do-able.

By the last time we saw her, though, she honestly seemed to have turned over a new leaf.  So perhaps there was no need.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
I think that Dr Hoffman, as a physician, would definitely do everything within her power to treat Angelique to fullfill her hippocratic(?) oath.  Of course, Angelique would need to seek or if the injury was life threatening Dr Hoffman would treat her no questions asked.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
re: tea    one, if she were reincarnated, she's a witch and living in Mariniq

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 11:53:16 PM »
By the last time we saw her, though, she honestly seemed to have turned over a new leaf.  So perhaps there was no need.

Honestly. How many times has Angelique turned over a new leaf?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 01:23:36 AM »
Too many to count.  If the series had continued I am sure she would have continued to torment Barney.  No one ever lives Happily Ever After on soaps unless they are leaving the show.  And then more times than not history is rewritten and something happend to there Happily Ever After!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »
Angelique does not like feeling vulnerable; it seems to always shift back afterwards to a need to kill and destroy lives, so I imagine that any attempt at therapy or treatment by Julia would lead to some very horrific scenes, houses burning down, curses, nightmares, compulsive seductions of innocent young men. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 07:15:48 AM »
No way can Julia cure Angelique of her witchcraft, not with medication. Maybe Julia can help Angelique with anti-depressents like zoloft or prozac to help her to get over and move on from Barnabas.

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 06:05:49 PM »
right...give an angry witch zoloft..... [ghost_shocked]  just what collinwood needs

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »
Yeah really, especially if it works the opposite on her and makes her worse.  I am being really honest here.  At one time when I first came out of the closet I took them and they made me more depressed than ever.  So if they did Angie that way then all of her evils would be childs play compared to what she would be like after taking the medication.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »
Just FYI, different antidepressants work in various ways with different people.  Anything that doesn't work for you, or has side effects that aren't worth it should be discontinued.  Some people have terrible reactions to Paxil, for example.  It helped me.  After becoming a widower, I ended up on Seroquel and that knocked me for a loop--but was worth it in the end.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 01:05:34 AM »
Well, we're talking years before the pharmacuticals took over the world, aren't we? [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:21 AM »
Yeah I don't even know if antidepressants were around in that era?!  And yes I know depressants help some people.  However, I have virtually tried everyone there is and that all make me more depressed.  This is my last post about this cause I feel I have gotten this thread way off topic.  SORRY!