Author Topic: New Big Finish Dramas  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
Re: New Big Finish Dramas
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/New-Dark-Shadows has an update Big Finish's upcoming releases.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 06:03:50 AM »
I just finished Skin Walkers!  For those who have ordered the story and can't wait for the CDs to arrive via snail mail, it can be downloaded from the Big Finish site.  It's late, and I really don't have the energy to write about it now.  If I do, I might not get much sleep tonight.  It's a ghoulishly disturbing tale that's guaranteed to keep you glued to your CD player, Ipod, PC or whatever.   I'm anticipating the new Depp movie, but for now DS lives on through Big Finish.  I look forward to reading and sharing insights on the newest tale. 

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
Any one heard Skin Walkers yet?  I downloaded mine on Wednesday of last week and the CD arrived Thursday.  I thought it was one of the most chilling stories I've heard in a long time.  I'd be interested in any thoughts you all have about it. 

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
I'm about two thirds into it and very impressed. I'm enjoying this format, the music is great and David Selby and Lara Parker are fascinating, especially Selby. I've been listening to it while commuting and unfortunately have been easily distracted by heavy Christmas traffic in the DC area, but it's been a dark and spooky ride so far.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 06:46:41 AM »
I've got one question, & i admit i asked in the wrong place. well the wrong thread i mean. sorry about that. anywys, my questions rather are, is it free to join Big Finish's website? & if i wanted to download something from there may it be an audio play of doctor who or "DS" do i have to pay to get that? meaning do i have to buy something 1st before i am allowed to download it? or not? & thank you for your help ahead of time.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
is it free to join Big Finish's website? & if i wanted to download something from there may it be an audio play of doctor who or "DS" do i have to pay to get that? meaning do i have to buy something 1st before i am allowed to download it? or not?

You can LEGALLY download the DS releases in one of two ways.  The first, is to pay for the digital file only. This gives you the right to download the story and artwork and then save it to your PC or burn it to a CD yourself.  The second way is to subscribe to the audio range and get the CDs in the mail.  As an extra perk, Big Finish graciously allows the subscriber to download the file as well. For DS, there's a wait of about 1-2 weeks until one can actually access the file, but you generally get the story before the CD arrives in the snail mail. I urge all interested fans to  BUY these stories.  If we don't pay for them, who will?  The more they sell, the more releases we are likely to recieve.  It also increases the liklihood of getting more actors into the fold.