Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0598  (Read 1686 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0598
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0598
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »
I love that scene between Willie and Maggie.  Who would have thought that sweet little Kathryn Leigh Scott could be so stony-faced?

What has surprised me on this round of watching is how long the Maggie-in-the-mausoleum business has taken.  My memory was that there was day after day of confrontations between Willie and Maggie, lasting for a week or so.  In fact it lasted two or three weeks, and the confrontations were very sporadic.  We would go for days without seeing Maggie. It reminds me of when Maggie was at the Old House.  My memory was that there was day after day of Maggie wandering around there dressed up like Josette, when in fact we saw very little of her.  Kathryn Leigh Scott has quite a talent for impressing herself on my mind, apparently.

Dear me, couldn't the writers have thought up some other reason to send David out to Eagle Hill?  Even if I could believe that David had made friends with Adam, let alone that Carolyn knew about the friendship, I still would not see why David might go to Eagle Hill Cemetery to look for Adam.  When has Adam ever even been there?  In David's place I would go first to the root cellar and then to Widows Hill.  There are better ways of placing David in the cemetery.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
I too was surprised to learn about the friendship between Adam and David. I think the only scene they ever shared together was when Adam was still a baby and he met David out in the woods after escaping from the basement cell of the Old House.

And yes, why would David look for Adam at Eagle Hill of all places? It's a mystery to me. [ghost_blink]

You could tell Maggie was wearing Willie down. He's tired of playing her jailor.  [ghost_sad]

I know Barnabas and Julia are preoccupied with finding Adam and Eve now, but now that Julia's hypnosis has failed, I like to know what their next move concerning Maggie would have been had David not found her and let her out? [ghost_huh]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »
Now that Barnabas is human appears in the day, has no need for blood etc, Julia could have had her committed as having lost her mind again. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »
But with all the threats that Adam and Eve made for Julia and Barnabas, I can see why they would not thinks of Maggie. But they shouldn't have pushed if off on Willie.

I can see why Maggie didn't want to eat. Where was she going to go to the Bathroom. But why was her dress so clean. She slept on the floor a couple times.

We have had only a couple days take about a Week and Half.

David is back in the story to set up the next story. He has to start getting in places he wasn't supposed to.

By the way I liked the top on Carolyn.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:18 AM »
Maggie was doing a hunger strike in protest.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:53 AM »
That was quite a surprise to discover that David and Adam were friends! [shkdg]  I love the expression on David's face in the screen-capture in the Robservations post. [ghost_wink] It seemed odd to me, too, that David would search for Adam at Eagle Hill Cemetery. But I'm glad it was written so that he would discover Maggie and release her. I'm glad he waited for Willie to get back, so he could announce to him that he let Maggie go, and I'm sure David loved to watch Willie's reaction. [cheesyg]

I enjoyed watching Maggie's expression on her face, driving Willie mad with her silent treatment. Also, when Willie was pleading with her to speak and then told her to shut up when he didn't like what she said.  When Maggie obliged, it was thrilling and a little funny to watch as he told her to forget what he said and he didn't want her to be silent. It was great when Maggie told Willie, "Whatever you say," She knew that her hunger strike and silent treatment would work to get her released, and was quite patient. She was really unlike herself, but it's understandable because she was in that situation. It just goes to show that people can change in dire situations and react totally different to type when the need arises.  [ghost_rolleyes]

It was exciting to watch the chandelier move, etc. at the Old House again. Prof. Stokes was cool as a cucumber, and Willie was scared out of his wits! [ghost_cheesy]

I'm sure JK had a lot of fun doing this episode. He's so good with those emotional scenes, and JK said many times that he had fun! [ghost_smiley] Kudos to JK and and KLS for their performance in this episode. [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:33 AM »
Maggie is usually just sort of easy-going and neutral, sometimes terrified but uninterestingly.   Yet I like her.  I think I carry around a different more interesting version of her personality in my head, from scenes such as those in the crypt, and other times where she shows some wit or irony or thought.  You're right, some aspects of personality don't show until the person is "challenged".   People are different people, according to whom they're with.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »
KLS rocks when she is challenged. Great interaction between Willie and Maggie.

I did find it odd about David and Adam's realtionship, but I am glad that we didn't have to go thru that whole realtionship. That would have B-O-R-I-N-G....!!
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »
I'm not so sure that it would have been boring to see the relationship develop between Adam and David.  Adam was sort of sweet when he was being a nice little boy.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:50:49 PM »
I just see the writers dragging out an Adam and David storyline....less is more...!!  [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »
A David/Adam relationship plot line might have made some sense (a child relating to/teaching a child), but it might have seemed too much like the recent David/Sarah secret-friendship scenario at that point. It would have seemed redundant.