Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0587  (Read 2741 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0587
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0587
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36:56 AM »
I heard Kathryn Leigh Scott's voice on the beginning voiceover, and thought, "Ooh, goody, another set-to between Willie and Maggie!"  And lo and behold, we got one.  The best is yet to be, but today's was good.

We got a rarity today: a close-up of the coffin pedestal in the secret room of the mausoleum.  We get to see coffin pedestals so seldom that I was sort of figuring they were all pretty basic – a couple of crates or something.  But this one was quite nice – carved stone.  Or carved styrofoam pasted onto a couple of crates or something.

Adam still can't think about anybody but himself.  He recognizes that something must have been desperately wrong for Barnabas to have risked his own life in an effort to abandon his body and inhabit a new one, but that doesn't make Adam start thinking about what problems Barnabas might have had and might still have.  Nor  does it occur to Adam that his initial grievance - "You made me as I am, and so my unhappiness is all your fault" – is no longer an entirely fair assessment of the situation.  Instead, Adam simply persists in his demand that a mate be created for him.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
One certainly comes to wonder during these episodes if someone screwed up when it came to choosing Adam's brain.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:02:33 PM »
Or maybe Jeff, fantasizing himself as Wilt Chamberlain, dribbled the brain on his way home from the cemetery.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:22:18 PM »
 [laughing4]

I forgot to post earlier that for reasons I'm not quite sure of I find this screen capture from this episode to be hysterically funny, especially if taken out of context:

[lghy]

I also wonder who did the calligraphy on this place card for "Josette"? It doesn't strike me as a talent Barnabas or especially Willie would possess:

[hdscrt]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
One certainly comes to wonder during these episodes if someone screwed up when it came to choosing Adam's brain.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_rolleyes]

Maybe the brain WAS damaged, as Julia once suggested. I don't think so, though, since Lang was so determined to make Adam the perfect, uh, 'fit' for Barnabas. Who knows?

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
It's rare we get to see Willie placed under a spell and I enjoyed watching it. Willie seems to fight it a little more than others we've seen, although he did eventually give in to Nicholas's power.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:13:48 AM »
Seriously, I think Adam's coping better than you could expect a guy a few months old to.   Even a genius brain can only learn some things through time and experience.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »
It was fun to watch Willie being placed in a trance by Nicholas. JK did an excellent job, as usual! [clap2] I also enjoyed watching the scenes with Willie and Maggie. It was a shame that he had to use chloroform on her to keep her in the room. [ghost_sad]

Maggie's dream sure was creepy. [ghost_shocked] She's remembering more and more what happened to her in 1967. Indeed, it was ironic that she was remembering at that time, when Barnabas wasn't even a vampire anymore! [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 03:33:57 AM »
Couple things about this episode.  They had to keep changing their clothes or putting one set of clothes on top of another.

I like the way Barnabas talked to Adam, he treated him as if he could reason. That was one thing that Barnabas Dad didn't do. ( Just think that if Nicholas wasn't involved how the story could have come out).

They did an excellent job with the dream sequence, everything was set up nicely. You could just feeling like things were happening that could effect Barnabas' life from many angles. Everyone did such a great job in reinacting out the early shows.

This show had me sitting on the edge of my seat, even though I knew what was going to happen.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 04:28:01 AM »
Was there ever a scene showing Maggie at the Old House when she wasn't under Barnabas' spell?  I ask because she seems unsure of where she is in the dream. 

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »
Was there ever a scene showing Maggie at the Old House when she wasn't under Barnabas' spell?

Hmm.  She was inside the house briefly after [spoiler]dropping Sam off the night he started Barnabas' portrait.[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »
It was a bit funny how after the experiment, Maggie was wandering the Old house with amnesia, with Julia trying to show her around the place to make her remember!   How easily that could have backfired....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 04:41:31 AM »
Thanks, midnite, for the info.   I kind of remembered a scene like that but wasn't sure.  Appreciate the refresher.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 03:34:50 AM »
I was wondering why Adam didn't ask what Nicholas did to Willie?? Adam would have made a comment like that. Nicholas just states to Adam that he can control Carolyn without hurting her like he did Willie.

I'm glad that Maggie is remembering, it would be a nice payoff if Barnabas did get caught once in awhile.

Why exactly did  hey recreated a flashback scene? Was it because it was in black and white? Or because the searching for the tape and putting into new show would be too expensive.?? [hall2_huh]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books