Author Topic: Who was the HOTTEST female on the original DS?  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Who was the HOTTEST female on the original DS?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 12:42:25 AM »
I'm not sure I am qualified to select the "hottest" female on Dark Shadows, but I'd like to throw in my two cents concerning the most beautiful and/or the most talented (IMHO).
Joan Bennett and Marie Wallace would be my choices as most beautiful----in that order. Most all DS ladies were lovely and it's difficult to pinpoint only one.
In the talent department, I always thought Nancy Barrett was most believeable. I've been watching Dark Shadows: the Beginning and Nancy has impressed me in those early episodes as well as later storylines----especially the Pansy role. Of course, Bennett is fabulous, but she certainly has a leg up on the rest of the cast! [ghost_rolleyes]
                                                    Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 01:02:57 AM »
Sure your qualified even if you a straight woman.  :)  In this time Hottest means "pretty" "sexy" etc.  Or that is what I meant by it when I started my hottest male topic.  I am  gay male but I think the hottest woman on DS was probably Lara Parker. What a knock out! WHEW!!  I know several other gay men on this board who have crushes on DS gals as well.  [ghost_wink] I know it makes no sense however, I have never really cared if I made sense to anyone!! LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
Grayson Hall post 1795, when she stopped wearing that frumpy wig. 

Grayson Hall when she was under the thrall of Tom Jennings.

Joan Bennett anytime, but especially the first couple of episodes in that black gown dripping with diamonds  (I am reminded of an image someone here placed in my mind sometime ago of Liz, in that outfit grilling hot dogs.  "Spearing a recalcitrant frank" I think was the phrase! LOL)

Maggie was quite hot when she quarreled with Joe (when he was under Angelique's power),  and when he asked her where she wanted to go for dinner, she shot back "Somewhere they serve baby food!"

Vampire Ang was hot.

Kate Jackson I will always have a soft spot for.  She was always my favorite Angel.

There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 03:59:36 AM »
For out-and-out hotness in purely sexual meaning, it's Marie Wallace as Eve, hands down!  That woman looked like she stepped out of the Collinsport branch of The Playboy Club- the teased hair, the boobs, the walk, and that black dress!  Remember that Hollies song "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress"?  That's Eve all over:

She was a long cool woman in a black dress
Just-a 5'9, beautiful, tall
With just one look I was a bad mess
'Cause that long cool woman had it all

....and then some!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
I have to agree on MW, but not on all the Playboy bunny business.   She comes across as strong and strange and dangerous, a woman who'd eat you alive (but it might be worth it), not as someone who'd dress up in a silly outfit and serve you drinks.   To each his own.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »
I know this is strange to say here but I envision Marie Wallace playing Katherine Hepburn in a movie about her life.  I just remembered that that thought had crossed my mind when I was talking with Marie Wallace at the fest in Las Angeles several years ago.  She certainly has retained her good looks over the years and she's a really good actress too.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
I think Kate Mulgrew might have first shot at that, but I think I see what you mean.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline BC1958

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
I'm a newbie here, but Lara Parker was simply beautiful when I was 10 years old and still looks wonderful when I turned 50! I watch sometimes and have to shake my head at Barnabas, and say "what are you thinking buddy!" I must suffer from that bad girl syndrome. Kathryn Lee Scott comes in a close second!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 01:59:08 AM »
Welcome, BC1958!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
Welcome BC1958.  I take lots of BC brand aspirin-caffeine powder and was also born in 1958, so... well, I don't know what that could possibly mean, so never mind.  This adds more evidence for my theory that everyone who volunteers his or her age on the Internet is exactly my age.

At age 10 I had a little bit of a thing for Beth.   Ang is too magnetic in other ways that it overwhelms everything and attraction never comes up for me, though I can easily see it.

Now it's Marie Wallace for me.   I like and admire the other actresses, but nothing more really.

I may be repeating.. if so, sorry.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 02:39:25 AM »
WELCOME BC1958. Glad to see you posting!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline JS

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
Welcome fellow newbie BC1958. I heartily agree with you. I was about the same age when I fell in love with those beautiful green eyes. I still love green eyes even today. It is so strange that those eyes have haunted me all my life. My wife and I both have brown eyes but for some strange reason my daughter was born with a beautiful set of green eyes just like Lara Parker.  [ghost_shocked] Like you I think that Kathryn Leigh Scott was also very pretty as well as most of other women on the show.But I have to say that the eyes have it. [ghost_wink]
I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
Technically speaking, wasn't Laura Collins the hottest [firedevil]?  Har har har har  [a0d0]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
Joan B~~THE GODDESS~~is often left out and I just wanna say she was one hot cougar!!  GOREGOUS woman who I have hard time taking my eyes off of.  I don't blame Errol Flynn for "dating" her. [ghost_wink]   But then again didn't he date most of the females in Hollywood?  [ghost_tongue2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
I've never seen Joan Bennett in anything other than DS.  I should.   She was a major figure to my mother, I remember.

And retzev... ow!   That joke was so bad it hurt!   Kidding....