Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0578  (Read 1585 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0578
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »
No, no, no! It's the Diana Walker episode!!  [ghost_shocked]

Robservations #578

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0578
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »
I sat laughing all through the closing credits, looking at the cherub-thing in the fountain.  Imagine being cursed to pee continuously throughout all eternity!

Louis Edmonds made the announcement today that Carolyn would be played by Diana Walker, and he said "Caroline", not "Carolyn".  It's always strange to me when the actors don't have the names of all the characters down pat.  I find it quite understandable - they knew each other, after all - but I still find it strange.

I think I like Diana Walker's Carolyn better than I like Nancy Barrett's Carolyn.  I'm not saying that Walker played Carolyn better than Barrett did.  But Walker's Carolyn is more rigid than Barrett's, and would never have gotten herself into the mess with Adam that Barrett's got herself into.  Walker's Carolyn came across as totally unsympathetic to Adam today.  All the lines that would have been softened by Barrett came quite harshly out of Walker.  Or anyway, that was my impression.  And since I'm pretty fed up with Adam (hey, who isn't?), I was all for the harshness.  Except that the harshness wasn't right for Carolyn.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »
          I always enjoy it when Louis Edmonds does the voiceovers.

I was amused by Roger's sarcasm when he's discussing with Carolyn the burial arrangements Liz has requested.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:49:48 PM »
The "other" CAROLYN. It was odd seeing this.  I like Nancy B much more.  She is one of my favorite actresses on the show.  However, it was an interesting experiment having another actress play Carolyn.  I know it was because Nancy was sick.   In the next ep she coughs in the teaser.  Wonder what her ailment was?  I always wonder strange things I guess.   I always wondered how quickly Diana Walker got her script and was able to start studying! Nancy was in the ep before.

I for one am fed up with Adam.  I liked him in the beginning.  I would have preferred for him to come back though in present time, and help wrap up the show.  Sometimes I feel a little angry @ Jonathan for refusing to play Barnabas.  We possibly could have closed the show in the present if he would have.  I guess alot factored into the whole thing though.

Pretty good ep.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:21:22 PM »
Except that the harshness wasn't right for Carolyn.

Exactly.  [ghost_angry]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »
This was the only episode when another actress played Carolyn. [milestone] It was weird seeing Diana Walker there instead of Nancy Barrett! [ghost_wacko] She didn't even wear her hair the same - it was shorter, and she had that silly scarf in her hair. Maybe NB had laryngitis.  [scratch2] Considering the short notice DW must have had, she did a very good job, but I like NB better. [ghost_wink]

That was so sweet to see that Adam had saved Carolyn's scarf as a reminder of her.  [love7]  Adam's jealousy caused him to almost kill Tony, though. [angrb] Adam had a bad temper, just like Barnabas!  [ghost_wink]

Too bad this was the last episode for Tony Peterson. [milestone] I think he and Carolyn made a good couple. Oh well...

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:43:50 AM »
She was stiffer, and she did do a good job.

Adam sure is strong and I think we knew where he went.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 03:47:17 AM »
Diana did a great job knowing her lines. So many Dark Shadows actor and actress had troubled learning there lines, that it was refreshing to see someone nailed each line. Overall I thought she did a good job. Her version of the character was a little harsh but it too was refreshing. The only problem that she had was connecting to the other actors but that is to be expected. Also, her version seems a little to prim and proper compare to Nancy Barrett version. Either way she did a good job.

I was totally bored with this one however, I am so over Adam I could care less.  [hall_rolleyes]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 04:52:14 AM »
I was over Adam before I was born...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 12:53:43 AM »
Sometimes I feel a little angry @ Jonathan for refusing to play Barnabas.  We possibly could have closed the show in the present if he would have.

As much as I loved 1841 Parallel Time, I do wish we could have gotten a better exit for the present time characters.

It wasn't so much that Jonathan didn't want to play Barnabas, he just didn't want to play Barnabas as a vampire anymore. I think it's unfair to fault Jonathan for wanting to play another character. I mean just about everybody else did at one time or another, so why shouldn't he?

As for Diana Walker...she was competent...but Nancy IS Carolyn.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »
I am glad JF got to play a different role.  I know it wasn't all on him.  As I said a lot of factors played in the demise of DS.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/