Author Topic: Reintroducing myself. :)  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Reintroducing myself. :)
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:39:27 AM »
I love DS.  Came to the show through the 1991 version and will always be grateful for it [ghost_grin].  I listend to my mom's record when I was young though and it creeped me out so I guess that was my first brush with DS.  Thankfully I happen to see the new one advertised in TV Guide.

I started watching the original (this time around) beginning with the ep where Victoria (I don't like Vicki)  was returned to regular time from 1795!! I think I will watch the series in the succession I want to this time.  IT makes it cool to change it up sometimes and move all around.  I just finished Leviathans and watched up till the end of the series.

At one time I did a one shot zine and I loved that experience. It was called THE LARA ZINE and Kathleen Resch printed it.  I miss zines!  They used to be SO big!  So much fun!  The internet is great, however I miss holding a zine in my hands. :)

Just wanted to say HI Again!

Taeylor
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Reintroducing myself. :)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:20:42 PM »
Hi Taeylor  welcome back good to see you.
             Love Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
Hi Taeylor, I think I once had a look at the Lara Zine and gave it to a friend of mine who's a huge Angelique fan.  If it's the zine I am recalling, you included a great shot of Cassandra in the zine.   Cassandra is my personal favorite Lara Parker role.

Hope you continue to enjoy DS.  The original show has a very different flavor from the 1991 remake.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »
Oh don't worry.  I love the old series.  It is a part of my DS experience.  Like I said, I became addicted to it following the cancellation of the new one.   I am currently rewatching it and being enthralled.  In THE MANY FACES OF LARA PARKER section in THE LARA ZINE there is a lovely screen shot of Lara.  It is neat to know that another member happend to see it.  It was such a fun experience.  If ZINES were still popular I would probably do one shot zines. 

I really loved Cassandra as well.  It looks as if you like Julia too.  She is my all time favorite female. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:47:24 AM »
Welcome again, Taeylor!Glad to see you posting more!   [ghost_smiley] [ghost_cool]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:19:57 AM »
Hi Taeylor.
If ZINES were still popular I would probably do one shot zines. 
I miss zines too.  I used to be involved a bit in Dr Who fanzines, or wanted to is more accurate.    I did a bit.    I had a personal zine too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:21:59 AM »
A personal zine?  Which one??  :)