Author Topic: Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) By Years - ** NO LONGER THE CASE **  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As was the case with Caption This!, the single Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board was becoming unwieldy, what with over 900 topics, so we've decided to break things into years. From now on please post screen captures from:

• Eps #0001 through #0261 (episodes originally aired from June 27, 1966 through June 26, 1967) on the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Year 1 board
  • Eps #0262 through #0522 (episodes originally aired from June 27, 1967 through June 26, 1968) on the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Year 2 board
  • Eps #0523 through #0784 (episodes originally aired from June 27, 1968 through June 26, 1969) on the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Year 3 board
  • Eps #0785 through #1045 (episodes originally aired from June 27, 1969 through June 26, 1970) on the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Year 4 board, and
  • Eps #1046 through #1245 (episodes originally aired from June 29, 1970 through April 2, 1971) and from both DS movies on the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Year 5/Movies board
Thanks,
Midnite, MB, dom

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Tribute Page
Re: Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) By Years
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
I may be the only one who thinks this, but I wish y'all would slow down with putting in new pictures.  There are so many I can't possibly keep up or see them all.  And the ones that do have replies don't stay at the top long enough for everyone to have a shot before they've disappeared onto page 2 and so on.  It's just overwhelming!

But it's your forum, and I respect that completely.  I've just become a little frustrated that I have no hope of keeping up.  I quit trying, actually.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »
Whenever possible I like to post a large variety because different people seem to respond to different types of captures. And this is probably going to frighten the hell out of you, but I do cut back from the number of captures I actually select from each ep. For instance, today I found 29 captures from Ep #937 but have only posted 15 of them so far - and I selected 38 from Ep #934 but only posted 19 of them. But there's no need to keep up. Simply check out what you can whenever you're around and forget about the rest. There'll be plenty of time to go back and check out any of the ones you've missed after the Watching Project ends and it's less likely that many new captures will get posted.  [snow_smiley]  The game is meant to fun - not necessarily a game of keep up.  [snow_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
Thing is, if there are only a couple a day, there's very little chance I'll see one that makes me think of anything to say.   I don't keep up with all of them necessarily.   You don't have to.   You could just look at the ones people have already done set-ups for and let the others go, or just look at two or three without set-ups, whatever's comfortable.

I was wondering where you were lately, Callie, and missed you.   It's not an "all or nothing" thing, where you have to look at each and every capture or else drop out of the whole thing.   Just deal with some of it, do whatever's comfortable.   Please stay on the fill-in board!

I'm grateful that MB posts all the captures, owing in part to my ineptness with posting them myself.  Originally, he just said that others should post captures when they feel like it.   When I and perhaps others had trouble with that (I have eye and concentration problems getting in the way), he was good enough to step in and do so himself every day, which is over and above the call, really.   It was never part of the original plan.  Thanks, MB.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »
It's sort of fun when I see a response to a setup that I put in so long ago that I've forgotten I ever did it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Definitely. And a lot of times I'll see something in a capture with fresh eyes that I didn't see when it was originally posted. And because of that this is a game that could potentially continue on for years after captures have stopped being regularly posted...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
When things get slow, I'll go back to the earliest captures.   It's strange when I have no memory at all of a caption but think, that's just what I'd have said, and it turns out I did.   It shouldn't be strange but it is.   What feels even stranger is when I form what seems to me to be a totally original fill-in in my head, then I scroll down and find I posted exactly that several years ago.

Sometimes I get to judge my fill-ins objectively I guess, when I laugh before knowing I did that one.   Or not...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Tribute Page
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
Thanks for all those responses, y'all.  I'm one of those completionist people, so it's tough to just leave something half done.  (Though I have several projects in that state!)

Anyway, I understand your logic, and it's cool.  I know it must be a lot of work!  I'll just do what I've been doing and just check some here and there, usually ones with posts, unless I'm in a set-up mood.  (Been too busy and not very creative the last few weeks, but I think the creativity is coming back.  I can usually tell if I have some song stuck in my head non-stop.)

Thanks, Magnus, too, for missing me!  I've no intention of leaving the board.  It's where my breaks at work usually go.  I'm sorry to hear about your eye troubles.  That must make the computer work, and any computer recreation so not fun.  Without knowing your condition, I can only recommend something I know is great for macular degeneration.  (It reversed the condition in my mother's eyes.)  A good carotenoid complex and natural vitamin E, three times a day for three months.  Worked wonders for her.

Okay, I'm off to check the latest....  :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
See:
Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) By Storylines